Available SHAD products for African Twin - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 01:31 PM

Another question for Shad. My new 2018 Africa Twin just arrived at the dealer and I will take possession as soon as they add a few accessories I had ordered. Then I'll add the top case and eventually side cases. Looks like I first I need the H0CR12ST (16-18) Top Mount. Didn't see where you differentiated between Adventure Sport and non Adventure Sport though the racks are different. So assume that will work fine on a base 2018 model Africa Twin.

I really like the streamlined look of your side cases. Is there a 3P System Mount for the 2018 L1 model (not the Adventure Sport model)? On your web site the H0FR18IF 3p Mount says it is for the Adventure Sport. And the H0FR16IF model says for 2016-17 models. No mention of the 2018 base model. Would want to be sure I get the correct mount for a 2018 base model Africa Twin.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascooter View Post
Another question for Shad. My new 2018 Africa Twin just arrived at the dealer and I will take possession as soon as they add a few accessories I had ordered. Then I'll add the top case and eventually side cases. Looks like I first I need the H0CR12ST (16-18) Top Mount. Didn't see where you differentiated between Adventure Sport and non Adventure Sport though the racks are different. So assume that will work fine on a base 2018 model Africa Twin.

I really like the streamlined look of your side cases. Is there a 3P System Mount for the 2018 L1 model (not the Adventure Sport model)? On your web site the H0FR18IF 3p Mount says it is for the Adventure Sport. And the H0FR16IF model says for 2016-17 models. No mention of the 2018 base model. Would want to be sure I get the correct mount for a 2018 base model Africa Twin.

Thanks.
Thank you for reaching us.

We are happy that you just got your new 2018 Africa Twin. We have available the products for the 2018 model. The top mount ref. H0CR12ST, you will need to mount onto your bike, in the following link you will be able to check the top mount for your bike. Then you can choose any top case available, however we can recommend you the SH58X Expandable top case as you will have three different cases in one. Regading the 3P system for your bike we have available for the 2018, ref. H0FR18IF, you will ble able to find it in the following link and you can mount the SH36 onto your bike as side case recommended.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any futher questions.
dascooter likes this.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 02:57 PM

I have recently fitted the SHAD 58x .. it is a superb topbox and suits the bike perfectly.. ample space. I have attatched some piccies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0466-20180820-185017982.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	44435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0467-20180820-185020233.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	44437  
playinatwork likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatporker View Post
I have recently fitted the SHAD 58x .. it is a superb topbox and suits the bike perfectly.. ample space. I have attatched some piccies
I like it! Nice low profile when you're not needing the "hidden" space. Pick my black 2018 Twin tomorrow. Still debating top box or side cases. Going to start with one or the other. Probably the top box now that I've seen yours.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:16 PM

Do you need the bike specific mounting plate if you plan to attach the case directly to a luggage rack? I have an altrider luggage rack and would like to use it as opposed to the small rack of the twin.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 03:40 PM

Is it normal that we can order the mount on the site but not the top box?
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo007 View Post
Is it normal that we can order the mount on the site but not the top box?
You can order the cases, but they are not Africa Twin specific. Just look under products. You'll find them under Products | Cases. I have them in my cart. Just can't decide if I want to buy both the top case and side case now. If I only get one of them, not sure which I want. Kind of lean towards just getting the side cases. But then again, top case only would be a little less expensive.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Did you get the backrest for your top case? Doesn't look like it from the picture, but not sure. Do you think it's needed? I will seldom carry a passenger so probably wait. But since you have that top case, wanted to get your opinion.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascooter View Post
Did you get the backrest for your top case? Doesn't look like it from the picture, but not sure. Do you think it's needed? I will seldom carry a passenger so probably wait. But since you have that top case, wanted to get your opinion.
Don't carry passengers ... if I tour I use soft luggage over back seat which I like ... no issues filtering etc ... as an aside I washed the bike yday with pressure washer and NO leaks
dascooter likes this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Don't carry passengers ... if I tour I use soft luggage over back seat which I like ... no issues filtering etc ... as an aside I washed the bike yday with pressure washer and NO leaks
Sry too quick .. I didn't buy the backrest for reason above

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page