Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/)
-   2020 Honda CRF1100 Africa Twin Discussions (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/453-2020-honda-crf1100-africa-twin-discussions/)
-   -   2020 Honda Africa Twin Officially Teased (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/453-2020-honda-crf1100-africa-twin-discussions/35775-2020-honda-africa-twin-officially-teased.html)

AfricaTwinAdmin 07-29-2019 12:52 PM

2020 Honda Africa Twin Officially Teased
 
https://i.imgur.com/AjuzRaq.png

Honda teases new Africa Twin in a teaser video, but doesn't reveal any details about what changes are due on the updated Honda Africa Twin.


Honda has released a teaser video of what is almost certainly the updated Honda Africa Twin and a web link for prospective customers to register their interest in the upcoming 2020 model of Honda's adventure motorcycle. The teaser video doesn't actually show a motorcycle as such, but uses the tagline "True Adventure" along with the distinctive font, both used on only one motorcycle, the Honda Africa Twin. So, Honda certainly will be introducing a 2020 model of the Africa Twin, now the question that remains is what exactly are the changes we will get to see in the 2020 Africa Twin?

There have been rumours from Japan and several other reports indicating an updated Honda Africa Twin which will hit dealerships by 2020, with an official unveil of the new model very soon, maybe even before the year-end European motorcycle shows like Intermot at Cologne, Germany, or the EICMA show in Milan, Italy. Recent reports indicate that the Africa Twin will be launched as a 2020 model with a slightly bigger 1,084 cc engine, with more power and performance. But earlier reports from Japan also rumoured that Honda is working on a 850 cc version of the Africa Twin for 2020.

SOURCE

Donut 08-02-2019 09:50 PM

From what research I've done, this is an article saying that the 850L will be coming in 2021. I've also seen from Honda that they're interested in making a beginner Africa Twin for new riders, so maybe something like a 550L or 650L, then 850L and at the top the 1100L

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...-twin-for-2021

AT-Dragon 08-03-2019 07:50 AM

Yea I’ve heard 1100L too, personally I ask why? More weight for what, a few HP gain, honesty can anybody here who has ridden their AT off road say that it didn’t have enough HP. Sure if you were gonna extend the swing arm put a paddle tire on it and enter in some hill climbing events you might need a bit more HP - But for the other 99.99% of us, the AT has plenty of horses to pull you through nature’s finest...
Now a 650 or maybe a 850 yea that would be good for those who do more off road than on and want a bit more nimble bike..

Im_Too_Tired 08-04-2019 11:16 PM

Leaks have diff headlights, cherry red color and ATAS tank for all 1100s. We'll see about the price, but unless Honda makes a 140+hp motor to compete with KTM and BMW then I doubt there will be much of an increase. Won't be getting it, though once I pay mine off I'll get something else and just keep the ATAS for trail rides. Was looking at MT-10 and CB1000r before getting the DCT so ...

Speedo007 08-05-2019 09:34 AM

Also would prefer the AT losing weight over gaining more power, I think it's plenty capable on and offroad. I'd also be willing to pay for an electronic suspensions option. Go from on to offroad setup in 1 second.

giaka 08-07-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Dragon (Post 309271)
Yea I’ve heard 1100L too, personally I ask why? More weight for what, a few HP gain, honesty can anybody here who has ridden their AT off road say that it didn’t have enough HP. Sure if you were gonna extend the swing arm put a paddle tire on it and enter in some hill climbing events you might need a bit more HP - But for the other 99.99% of us, the AT has plenty of horses to pull you through nature’s finest...
Now a 650 or maybe a 850 yea that would be good for those who do more off road than on and want a bit more nimble bike..

It has more than enough power, the problem is the competition has more. Buddy just bought the big KTM, his exact words is the power is stupid. LOL Im pretty sure he meant that in a good way though.

AT-Dragon 08-08-2019 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giaka (Post 309575)
It has more than enough power, the problem is the competition has more. Buddy just bought the big KTM, his exact words is the power is stupid. LOL Im pretty sure he meant that in a good way though.

Yea unfortunately it’s a numbers game, a status thing - look at me my bike has xxx horsepower - and????? - My ATAS has 94HP and I have to throttle back in first and second to keep the front tire from coming to far up. It is what it is a ADVENTURE bike for trips and off road EXPLORATION - It is NOT a drag bike, GT, motocross, kinda bike. Yes, OK, it can be (and has been) “converted” to a rally bike.
Bottom line is: after the front wheel comes off the ground the rest of the horsepower is useless, unless you wanna do burnouts or constantly wanna overtake and pass people.

Cuchulainn 08-08-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Dragon (Post 309623)
Yea unfortunately it’s a numbers game, a status thing - look at me my bike has xxx horsepower - and?????

Mostly an emissions game to meet the more stringent Euro 5 compliance isn't it? Honda has never seemed particularly interested in the cc/hp numbers games, trailing KTM, BMW, Ducati and Triumph in both.

https://www.cycleworld.com/honda-crf...etails-leaked/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Motobiker 08-08-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT-Dragon (Post 309271)
Yea I’ve heard 1100L too, personally I ask why?

Trying to grab more sales from BMW. or if not BMW then the other big makers.

I actually don't consider the R1250GS to be an adventure bike.. what I think is that its a boxer powered sports bike disguised as an Adventure bike. And the supposed 1100 wont be a direct competitor for that

Maybe.. they are trying to steal sales from the F850GS and other similarly sized bikes. Tiger XC, even the KTM 1090, possibly.

AT-Dragon 08-10-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motobiker (Post 309659)
Trying to grab more sales from BMW. or if not BMW then the other big makers.

I actually don't consider the R1250GS to be an adventure bike.. what I think is that its a boxer powered sports bike disguised as an Adventure bike. And the supposed 1100 wont be a direct competitor for that

Maybe.. they are trying to steal sales from the F850GS and other similarly sized bikes. Tiger XC, even the KTM 1090, possibly.

Yea, maybe.... But I still say smaller would be better - a more nimble AT would be great for the single tracks


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome