Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes
  • 2 Post By Motorcycle.com
  • 1 Post By Robert Detjen
  • 3 Post By No.9
  • 2 Post By MrRobb
  • 1 Post By Pathfinder
  • 1 Post By VaraderoTwin
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 21
Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist



Quote:
Not quite two years after running over Chief Petty Officer Zacharias Buob in a San Diego road-rage “accident”, Darla Renee Jackson was sentenced yesterday to six years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Read more about the Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist at Motorcycle.com.
gvmumbral and MrRobb like this.
Motorcycle.com is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Austin Texas.
Posts: 78
Since it was road rage I don't think she should have gotten away with involuntary manslaughter. I think it should be second degree murder (The intentional, unlawful killing of another person, but without any premeditation). "Whatever the purpose, she chased. She sped. She followed too closely. and she hunted him down," Deputy District Atty. Laura Evans said during the sentencing hearing. Involuntary manslaughter is where you fall asleep at the wheel and run over a motorcyclist - not when you chase them down and rn them over...
MrRobb likes this.
Robert Detjen is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:24 AM
Senior Member
 
MrRobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detjen View Post
Since it was road rage I don't think she should have gotten away with involuntary manslaughter. I think it should be second degree murder (The intentional, unlawful killing of another person, but without any premeditation). "Whatever the purpose, she chased. She sped. She followed too closely. and she hunted him down," Deputy District Atty. Laura Evans said during the sentencing hearing. Involuntary manslaughter is where you fall asleep at the wheel and run over a motorcyclist - not when you chase them down and rn them over...
Yea, that was second degree murder. Sad people are such idiots.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
MrRobb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 78
The judicial system in California is, in my opinion, totally broken. They are concerned with overcrowding and the cost of housing inmates. For this reason and others sentencing is less than what one would expect. I see no reason why our prisons must be air conditioned, provide cable T.V. and allow people to receive costly gender reassignment medications and operations. There is plenty of desert in California where tent compounds can be built for housing inmates. It is my opinion, crime would drop if the accommodations were more difficult and mandatory labor instituted at correctional sites to deter riots and make the site self reliant.
VaraderoTwin, Invin and MrRobb like this.
No.9 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
MrRobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 View Post
The judicial system in California is, in my opinion, totally broken. They are concerned with overcrowding and the cost of housing inmates. For this reason and others sentencing is less than what one would expect. I see no reason why our prisons must be air conditioned, provide cable T.V. and allow people to receive costly gender reassignment medications and operations. There is plenty of desert in California where tent compounds can be built for housing inmates. It is my opinion, crime would drop if the accommodations were more difficult and mandatory labor instituted at correctional sites to deter riots and make the site self reliant.
Bit that liberal state doesn't want to "offend" anyone. I'm sure Cali prisons have all the accommodations for prisoners that they had on the outside as citizens....and then some.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
No.9 and Invin like this.
MrRobb is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Pathfinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Face it. If it had been a man in the dock it would have been a murder charge.

That's equality for you.
MrRobb likes this.
Pathfinder is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: London
Posts: 330
The sad thing is that prisoners are treated better than old people in care homes these days. That's the real injustice.
MrRobb likes this.

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
VaraderoTwin is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Senior Member
 
MrRobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaraderoTwin View Post
The sad thing is that prisoners are treated better than old people in care homes these days. That's the real injustice.
So agreed. Pathetic society.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
MrRobb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 2016 Honda Africa Twin in San Diego Alhonda New Member Introductions 1 04-04-2017 10:50 PM
Gday from San Diego pcarnut New Member Introductions 4 01-12-2017 12:40 AM
First Honda in 16 years Dazzle Africa Twin Owners Check In Area 6 06-22-2016 02:33 PM
Motorcyclist Review marsbeetle Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Reviews 11 12-21-2015 01:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome