Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes
  • 2 Post By Motorcycle.com
  • 1 Post By Robert Detjen
  • 3 Post By No.9
  • 2 Post By MrRobb
  • 1 Post By Pathfinder
  • 1 Post By VaraderoTwin

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist

Quote:
Not quite two years after running over Chief Petty Officer Zacharias Buob in a San Diego road-rage “accident”, Darla Renee Jackson was sentenced yesterday to six years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Read more about the Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist at Motorcycle.com.
gvmumbral and MrRobb like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM

Since it was road rage I don't think she should have gotten away with involuntary manslaughter. I think it should be second degree murder (The intentional, unlawful killing of another person, but without any premeditation). "Whatever the purpose, she chased. She sped. She followed too closely. and she hunted him down," Deputy District Atty. Laura Evans said during the sentencing hearing. Involuntary manslaughter is where you fall asleep at the wheel and run over a motorcyclist - not when you chase them down and rn them over...
MrRobb likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detjen View Post
Since it was road rage I don't think she should have gotten away with involuntary manslaughter. I think it should be second degree murder (The intentional, unlawful killing of another person, but without any premeditation). "Whatever the purpose, she chased. She sped. She followed too closely. and she hunted him down," Deputy District Atty. Laura Evans said during the sentencing hearing. Involuntary manslaughter is where you fall asleep at the wheel and run over a motorcyclist - not when you chase them down and rn them over...
Yea, that was second degree murder. Sad people are such idiots.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:22 PM

The judicial system in California is, in my opinion, totally broken. They are concerned with overcrowding and the cost of housing inmates. For this reason and others sentencing is less than what one would expect. I see no reason why our prisons must be air conditioned, provide cable T.V. and allow people to receive costly gender reassignment medications and operations. There is plenty of desert in California where tent compounds can be built for housing inmates. It is my opinion, crime would drop if the accommodations were more difficult and mandatory labor instituted at correctional sites to deter riots and make the site self reliant.
VaraderoTwin, Invin and MrRobb like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 View Post
The judicial system in California is, in my opinion, totally broken. They are concerned with overcrowding and the cost of housing inmates. For this reason and others sentencing is less than what one would expect. I see no reason why our prisons must be air conditioned, provide cable T.V. and allow people to receive costly gender reassignment medications and operations. There is plenty of desert in California where tent compounds can be built for housing inmates. It is my opinion, crime would drop if the accommodations were more difficult and mandatory labor instituted at correctional sites to deter riots and make the site self reliant.
Bit that liberal state doesn't want to "offend" anyone. I'm sure Cali prisons have all the accommodations for prisoners that they had on the outside as citizens....and then some.

No.9 and Invin like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Face it. If it had been a man in the dock it would have been a murder charge.

That's equality for you.
MrRobb likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:11 PM

The sad thing is that prisoners are treated better than old people in care homes these days. That's the real injustice.
MrRobb likes this.

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaraderoTwin View Post
The sad thing is that prisoners are treated better than old people in care homes these days. That's the real injustice.
So agreed. Pathetic society.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page