Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
África Twin Big Tank 2019
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i Ride a África Twin 2019 Big Tank, i boughted it new at the Stand.
Pasted one year of riding and 5k, i notice that was rust every where, in the main frame, on the rims and pedals.
Always cleaned, lubrified and kepted in the Garage, it never sleeped on the streets.
When i reclaimed that on Honda Portugal they said that they will not take any Change of whats happening when its a clearly constrution error.
And the fact about the warranty period is still running and they dont care ....
Do you know or ever experienced a scene like this ?
Its a shame a top brand like Honda going out of scene just like that and doesnt respect their relantionship with costumers.
Now a question, its possible that the Newest models of AT can Also rust like mine ?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,779 Posts
Contact Honda corporate and get them involved. They should help you unlike your local Honda.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contact Honda corporate and get them involved. They should help you unlike your local Honda.
I contacted the Honda Global and they provided a page with links of worldwide Honda, but there are no contacts in it.
I also tried to contact the Headquarters (Japan),but they didnt answer, if anyone knows a e-mail, i would apreciate.
Its a sad situation and i never though this could happen on a "trail bike".

Best Regards and Good Rides, André Duarte

·
Super Moderator
8,688 Posts
Dang. The white frame doesn't help the psych on this.

Yeah, "Honda Portugal", I think, ought to be your go-to place. They are supposed to represent you to Honda Corporate Japan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang. The white frame doesn't help the psych on this.

Yeah, "Honda Portugal", I think, ought to be your go-to place. They are supposed to represent you to Honda Corporate Japan.
And the problem isnt the white colour, is the no treatment that the chassis didnt Taken in the fabrication process.
The problem is that Honda Portugal doesnt care about this ...Clearly a manufacter error.
Inside on warranty period.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the UK and have a 2018 ATAS it also has a lot of rust , mainly from the weld seams, on the white frame. Really poor build quality, having owned 5 other hondas not something I have come across before. Disappointing really.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Many stories like this combined with ATAS recall issues has me dissapointed in Honda's newer products and corporates seemingly lack of support for customers. As much as I enjoy my 2019 ATAS I have thought of selling it and moving on. Sacrilege to some but honestly... Disappointing.

·
Super Moderator
8,688 Posts
Never get wet...Just to you know.
And being a Trail bike it should get muddy and dirty and still resist to rust...
But mine never get off road and never slepted in the street and have 6thousand km's...
Its too Bad the "Super"brand atitude.
Yeah, as some Forum members have suggested that maybe the affected welds were not treated properly before the application of the white enamel.

In addition, white enamel and inks tend to be a more challenging compared to say black. There is still no excuse. Honda should have mastered white enamel application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you tried any rust prevention or treatments, acf50, corrosion x, ect?I have a new white 2019 in the garage, not what I want to see.
So Get ready Pal.
Since i boughted the AT it always lubrified with wd40 (range).
Never Ride on bad weather and always kepted in Garage.
More than this is Impossible.
I have a neighour that owns a yamaha with 15 years and sometimes sleep at the street and doesnt have a little bit of rust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.