Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!

If you have a off season for riding, were you able to ride more than normal?

• Normal season

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A little better than normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely better then normal

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The best season that I can remember

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bike in storage, didn’t matter.

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not that winter is officially over in my AT’s territory, but it’s on its way. I have to say this winter was.... Well not really a winter at all per say, over the winter months there was only two weeks that I didn’t ride the AT at least one day out of that entire week. So I was curious how the other members riding season went...Or should I say NON-riding season..

·
Registered
114 Posts
No real winter here either, just never-ending heavy rainfall, causing lots of flooding and misery for many people. Now the virus to contend with, and the possibility of over 70's having to self-isolate! No mention of how long this might be for or what the penalties would be id an oldie is seen out & about.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No real winter here either, just never-ending heavy rainfall, causing lots of flooding and misery for many people. Now the virus to contend with, and the possibility of over 70's having to self-isolate! No mention of how long this might be for or what the penalties would be id an oldie is seen out & about.
Simple, threaten to take away their horde of toilet paper if they are found out mucking about...
Here in the states our police will just beat them till they realize that it’s for their own well-being to stay inside... In all fairness sometimes threats and intimidation will work too..

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Ours was similar in "no real winter at all" in the Denver Metro area. We had 2-3 big snowfalls, but the weather in between was dry and pleasant and we got out a fair bit.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Started off with some heavy snowfall around Thanksgiving, then kind of petered out at about 165” total. Still a lot of snow on the ground, won’t be riding for a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We've had a brutal winter here. I don't ride over the winter anyway but this one was much worse than normal. Back in January we had a storm that shut the city down for a week and then had a few more storms since that one. Still enormous amounts of it around and the temps are not rising at all so its going to be a while before it goes.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully I can get around and take the snow tires off the cage today. :rolleyes:
Sounds like a fun afternoon

Started off with some heavy snowfall around Thanksgiving, then kind of petered out at about 165” total. Still a lot of snow on the ground, won’t be riding for a few weeks yet.
Bummer

We've had a brutal winter here. I don't ride over the winter anyway but this one was much worse than normal. Back in January we had a storm that shut the city down for a week and then had a few more storms since that one. Still enormous amounts of it around and the temps are not rising at all so its going to be a while before it goes.
Sounding like just a few of us got lucky

[

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ours was similar in "no real winter at all" in the Denver Metro area. We had 2-3 big snowfalls, but the weather in between was dry and pleasant and we got out a fair bit.

Same here just a couple of kinda big ones a bit chilly here and there but not much of a winter really...

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Same here just a couple of kinda big ones a bit chilly here and there but not much of a winter really...
It began with some low single digits temps and a fair amount of snow and I prepared for a long and cold winter. But it turned out to be neither :)

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It began with some low single digits temps and a fair amount of snow and I prepared for a long and cold winter. But it turned out to be neither :)

Well there’s usually a bright side and in this case lower heating bills and more ride time for us :LOL:
and I guess I could add, lower heating bills equates into more stuff for the AT too..

·
Super Moderator
6,741 Posts
Weather has been stable lately. Took advantage of that and removed the snow tires off the cage yesterday in the driveway (no garage :confused: ).

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather has been stable lately. Took advantage of that and removed the snow tires off the cage yesterday in the driveway (no garage :confused: ).
Well I have a garage but it’s so full of crap (AGAIN!) that it hard to work in..
Humph, garage’s just one more thing you have to keep clean....

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000A
188 Posts
I've had my AT since May, 12.5k miles, been riding any and most every day that it's been in the 40s. A little less when it's in the 30s, but at least one day a week, 1/2 to 2-1/2 hrs, to keep up the battery. Now it's in the teens and 20s for the next few weeks. I've learned that the windy 20s are just too brutal, for over 30 minutes, even with the heated gloves. I have been THE ONLY bike on the road!

Central Illinois.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts