Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
As my son upgraded to the newest AT, I bought his 2017 DCT AT (cannot change gears anymore after left ankle fusion).
After 30k km and 6 months of not riding (and not charging :rolleyes: ) battery is dead. I have an S12 (gel) accu ready. Can I use it? or should i go for the 14S which offers 10% more performance and is the one coming original of the bike.

best regards,
Luc

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Hi.
As my son upgraded to the newest AT, I bought his 2017 DCT AT (cannot change gears anymore after left ankle fusion).
After 30k km and 6 months of not riding (and not charging :rolleyes: ) battery is dead. I have an S12 (gel) accu ready. Can I use it? or should i go for the 14S which offers 10% more performance and is the one coming original of the bike.

best regards,
Luc
Normally, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
359 Posts
DCT likes to have a good healthy battery to operate properly. I wouldn't cut corners with battery.
It would be best to replace it with a recommended spec battery or go to a lithium.
Most people measure voltage and assume it's a good battery, but there is more to it.

If 6 months kills a good battery, you should also check for excessive draw when the bike is off.
A simple tricklecharger connected once a month when in storage helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will follow your advice, and not use the battery I have in store ... Good batteries do not cost a fortune either.
Safe rides ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts