Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna try a 15t sprocket up front, but it appears the rubber-cushioned version from JT is either discontinued or on indefinite backorder. How much felt difference can I expect going to a standard, un-cushioned sprocket?...SC

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let me know what you think of it after you install and run with it. I still have one that I have not installed. So far the stock sprocket has been just fine in some very rough and tight spots off road, so I have held off. Also was told that you are better off changing the rear sprocket rather than the front one, but I have always changed the front on my dirt bikes. Good luck and let me know the results.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me know what you think of it after you install and run with it. I still have one that I have not installed. So far the stock sprocket has been just fine in some very rough and tight spots off road, so I have held off. Also was told that you are better off changing the rear sprocket rather than the front one, but I have always changed the front on my dirt bikes. Good luck and let me know the results.

I changed to a 15-tooth last week, and the only downside is the speedo error, approx. 10%. I like having a little more low end grunt and would only change back if I were going to do an extended road trip with very little dirt...SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts