Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have You ever come around on making those risers?

Thanks Jonathan and I appreciate your product and input. I'm a machinists, I run a large 5 axis CNC, and have access to lots of fine materials. I was thinking of making these out of 1 piece 316 or 308 SS, instead of welding threaded bungs on. We have a lot of small drops of this material so why not use it?

I think EVERYONE should buy your product! Out of curiosity what would shipping be to the US, Minnesota in particular?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm happy to support small business and innovation. Sometimes that costs a few extra bucks.
I bought this kit from Rugged Roads and it does what it is advertised to do.

Competition is also a good thing, so if others can engineer and build it cheaper we all win.

Hey frostbitevinnie - Jonathan from Rugged Roads here :grin2:

Just want to make sure people are getting the correct info here - The UK price is £24.95, which includes VAT. For any orders outside of the EU, there is no VAT to pay, which drops the price down to £20.79 - which currently converts into a smidge under $28 US :wink2:

I think they are are are great value (yeah I know I'm biased) - everything is marine grade 316 stainless steel, including the threaded nut-serts, all supplied fixings, and even the welding wire is 316 - and there's a few processes that might not seem obvious to get to the finished item you see....... :laugh:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Looks really good!
I like how the brake lines are routed out of harms way.
Now you'll have to go get muddy and let us know how she works. >:)

I ended up with the tusk high fender kit. This is how it looks now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I hear you, I generally stick to black because it tends to match well. Manufactures like ufo or acerbis use different color hues in their plastics. Worst case scenario universal fenders are usually around $25.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hear you, I generally stick to black because it tends to match well. Manufactures like ufo or acerbis use different color hues in their plastics. Worst case scenario universal fenders are usually around $25.
As a previous manufacturer and distributor of products like this, the company should consider selling the kit without the fender and guards so the end purchaser could pick the items more appropriate to their liking.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This particular KtM fender comes with black trim in the middle which interestingly matches right up with the black trim design on the AT fairing front.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
looks like I could make them in 15 -30 minutes with my drill press and mig welder LOL.
when I was looking at the bike yesterday on the floor it looked like if I put aggressive off road tire on it will hook the rear of the fender for sure.
My dealer has the sw mo-tech stuff coming skid plate, crash guards , got givi pannier rack & set of bark busters.
everything is on back order in the USA :mad:.
the panniers are in stock, but sw mo-tech parts they say 2-3 weeks from twisted throttle. bark busters no dates at all.:mad: .
has anyone seen anything in the states for hand protection that will fit?
I am also looking for some good bark buster options if anyone has them. The Hebco Becker model does not seem to allow rotation for a standing position from what I read here in a forum post. Looking for options

21 - 30 of 30 Posts