Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if I'd benefit from a gearing change and would also like to know how people tend to ride their AT in the dirt and rocks.

I just began dirt so not really experienced, have to note I installed a rapidbike easy, so this might add to the response of 1st gear as well,
but after many tours in a dirtbike terrain, I switched to 2nd and to me it felt much smoother and less arm stretching taking bumps and I
think I even went faster easily.

I would still like the bike to be very reactive on road though, so any tips !?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I find the opposite, I wish the engine was more reactive, its not bad now but a bit more response would be good for lifting the front wheel over washouts & for powersliding around gravel roads, that being said I have ordered a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket to slow it down a bit for slow speed maneuvers & hopefully will give the bike a bit more response further up the rev range.
Higher gears will generally feel smoother due to less torgue going to the back wheel unless you are lugging the engine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts