Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am a lucky owner of a 2017 CRF 1000 and a 2020 CRF 1100. I just bought my '20 a few days ago and I wan't to install a 12V accessory socket but not the oem one. There is an empty 2 pin connector for accessorries. I just want to learn what kind of a connector is it? What type? Any pictures? Thanx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honda use Sumitomo conector , the smaller conector i think Sumitomo hx040.
I have bought these connectors to install lights from another brand in the socket for the oem fog lights. They have not yet arrived from Aliexpress. when I install I comment how it works.

Enviado desde mi BV9100 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just an FYI!! If yours is a North American bike then those are just dummy connectors. There is no power flowing to either one of those connectors from the ECU.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just an FYI!! If yours is a North American bike then those are just dummy connectors. There is no power flowing to either one of those connectors from the ECU.
I think that is the plug for the 12V socket, not the one for the foglight which, as you noted, is not active in the US version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oem. You can always buy male and female to change the one that comes standard on the motorcycle for the one purchased 12v

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oem. You can always buy male and female to change the one that comes standard on the motorcycle for the one purchased 12v

I am not sure about the socket. The socket in the diagram and the socket in the picture is not the same. I ordered an original 12v socket, I will install a photo of the socket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts