Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
From my own views of my ATAS I doubt the stock shock valving would tolerate a stiffer spring/load for long before becoming overwhelmed. I'm prolly about 100Kg fully suited and have had to nearly max out the stock comp/rebound damping on the rear shock for solo (spirited) use and accept its going to oscillate slowly when two up over undulations. So I say a heavier load/rider would need to consider a re-valve alongside any change to a stiffer spring or replace the shock as a unit.
Cant say I was impressed with the stuff ohlins used to sell when I used it on an a 1100GSA I owned as it was still under sprung and damped but that was a back in 2003 so things change. If I was splashing cash on a rear I'd look at Nitron or the Touratech (made by someone else -cant recall who) shocks , though none are cheap.
As to the ATAS front forks I've had no complaints sofar on how its working and hasn't been tweaked much beyond the factory recommended settings.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Bit of an update. How I was planning to make best use of Black Friday I made shopping list and went for it. On Africa Twin shop I found QS on quite good discount, Oem passanger comfort foot rest, and SW-Motech Trax Top Case kit.

Im looking on full system, the one which caught my eye is SC Project price/looks for me the best combo. Trying to see with Rugged Roads how are things looking with homologation ( i know already ), Arrow has homogated exhaust but k dont like that round look. Also I put in cart Givi tank bag, front fender lift kit, Rugged central stand.

Im purchasing all this things before I even got the bike since I'm working abroad, looking on the pictures which i got before I landed deposit I just discovered bike has Bartubeless wheels?!
Wheels are gold with Bartubeless logo and blue hubs.
This save's me a lot of money.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Just a quick one I see there are few wind deflectors. Front one plus upper and lower one's.
Are they any good?

Registered
Nice find! I really like the Arrow ti system for the AT. Curious to know the tube diameter of the headers and mid pipes.
Are you planning any fueling changes - PCV, Rapid Bike, etc?

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Nice find! I really like the Arrow ti system for the AT. Curious to know the tube diameter of the headers and mid pipes.
Are you planning any fueling changes - PCV, Rapid Bike, etc?
I should be home in 10 days time so I can measure and compare diameters stock vs Arrow.

I'm planning to do a dyno custom tune of OEM ecu.

All this Euro 4 norm bikes are itchy on throttle without touching intake/exhaust.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
It seams mine has quite lower aftermarket seat

Since im 6.1ft not sure how it will suit me as I'm used to higher seat bikes

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Another's bit's and goodies are wheels.

Well i might considering this seat set and go for race seats rally version

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Goodies !!!

Most probably i will sell original seat and go for Touratech as seat height is lower than standard and im used to high seats

Seat Spec's

"The type shown in the photo is made with custom-made Tetrafoam padding (rider height / weight) and a new 100% breathable CORDURA lining."

Registered
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
So finally picked up the bike !!

Brought it home and started with upgrades. Bike had already few nice touches like Bartubless new seat etc... I wanted to put Arrow silencer and go to mot but.... Arrow titanium slip on is not fitting on ATAS cat.

Will do the mot tomorrow and then fit complete exhaust and book dyno day

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Quality spend time on Sunday. Full Arrow mounted and OEM Qs and upped wind deflectors. Lost all afternoon but it was worth.

Arrow is sound and looks are immense. Cant wait to take it for the spin today. Throttle feels much more alive now when cat is out. I need to book the bike for dyno tune

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Did a town run, Quickshifter is silky smooth on this bike. Really excellent stuff.

Arrow sound is music. Bike is running fine on it so far without remap

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Dang. Almost 2020 and a saddle that is not waterproof?
This seat was customized by SR Sellerie in Italy and spec of seat are as per previous owner Tetrafoam padding (rider height / weight) and a new 100% breathable CORDURA lining

21 - 40 of 58 Posts