Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Tapatalk is rotating picture's :(

Flat as it could be, muddy surface from days of rains with lakes of water some up to half meter deep

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So,came home after dyno day.

Below is results of stock tune with full Arrow TI systems. I was afraid that bike will be running lean but as can be seen on grap OEM tune is quite ok

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Forgot to mention before I made enquiry for tuning, I've send to tuner ECU picture from Google which was from regular Africa Twin 2016 model. He told he can do adjustment of fuel and ignition timing.

After I came with ATAS he told me he needs exact ECU model and number from my bike for tune.

Unfortunately ATAS ecu is different than regular Africa Twin and he told me he wouldn't like to re-flash it as there is possiblity ECU will lock itself like protection.

He needs more time to test everything before he can re-flash my ECU. From my point of view fair enough.

He manage to read ECU files, ignition timing, fuel and throttle can be adjusted. If i recall correctly he told me bike has 26 preset tunes in ECU for throttle.
QS is bot working on dyno, quite odd. Most probably is linked with ABS system

Either way bike is "safe" to be ridden with full exhaust

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
New seat. Bike came already with aftermarket seat which was quite comfortable but I didn't get good feeling on the bike also the angle on which my knees and hands were reaching handlebar was not natural. I was just too much bended.

Upgrade with Touratech comfort Driride high version. I was doubting between standard and high and im glad i took high. Much higher than older seat, but perfect position on bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Replaced OEM handguards with Barkbuster VPS ones

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
So today finally, better half joined the ride. It's winter time but a dry and sunny morning was hard to resist. Roads are cold and mostly wet and some areas were with snow and ice alongised. We were traveling light only top rack. I've tweaked rear preload to some 22-23 click's and ride was quite comfortable.
Took sometime to get adjust to pillion and shear mass of the bike with us. First "failure" was experienced today. Heated grips were not working, first thought was maybe i did something wrong during installation of Barkbuster but once we returned i discovered blown fuse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would you mind answering a few questions about your ride together? I'm planning a two up ride of about 1,500 miles- all pavement in May. How did she like the seat and topcase pad comfort wise? Does the topcase "push" her into you?
Are you banging helmets close or is there a comfortable space between rider and passenger? Thank you for your time in reply.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Would you mind answering a few questions about your ride together? I'm planning a two up ride of about 1,500 miles- all pavement in May. How did she like the seat and topcase pad comfort wise? Does the topcase "push" her into you?

Are you banging helmets close or is there a comfortable space between rider and passenger? Thank you for your time in reply.
Im having Touratech dryride seat high version. Almost a flat seat so there is really plenty of room for both to move around and find best spot. We are both around 6 ft and we find it spacious and comfortable. Highway section i find it better when she was sitting closer to me as there was less air drag and disturbance. Not a single helmet bang, I must say i was expecting few of it.
Top case provided a support if needed but as per her words most of the time she didn't even use it and had enough space from it
We were just discussing yesterday how we should get communication system to be on the same page with overall comfort and we can work together during the ride. Wife was positively surprised with bikes suspension and how the bike soaks up all the bumps and pot holes on the roads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Took her for a hooning blast today around the town after 3 weeks of garage rest. Pulling wheelies and hooning on this bike is so addictive due to shear size and height

41 - 58 of 58 Posts