Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oldest (35 years) and biggest motorcycle show in the U.S., formerly known as Cycle World International M/C Shows, now sponsored by Progressive Insurance with a corresponding name change has posted the schedule for the 2015-16 season: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/ The site is under construction and as of today, they only have the cities and dates listed. Actual locations and more details will be posted later so I didn't bother copying/pasting what little there is here.

If you've attended a show in the past, check to see that the it's still coming to the town you last saw it. For example, the San Mateo County fairgrounds is not hosting the event this year; the NorCal venue will be in Sacramento.

First event is in Portland OR, Oct 31-Nov 1, timed about perfectly for a live, in person appearance by the CRF-AT. Not saying it's so, but it is likely if not almost certain. Second event is in Sacramento CA - about 150 miles away from my home. Weather permitting, I will be there. And even if the AT doesn't make it, the show is always worthwhile.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The oldest (35 years) and biggest motorcycle show in the U.S., formerly known as Cycle World International M/C Shows, now sponsored by Progressive Insurance with a corresponding name change has posted the schedule for the 2015-16 season: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/ The site is under construction and as of today, they only have the cities and dates listed. Actual locations and more details will be posted later so I didn't bother copying/pasting what little there is here.

If you've attended a show in the past, check to see that the it's still coming to the town you last saw it. For example, the San Mateo County fairgrounds is not hosting the event this year; the NorCal venue will be in Sacramento.

First event is in Portland OR, Oct 31-Nov 1, timed about perfectly for a live, in person appearance by the CRF-AT. Not saying it's so, but it is likely if not almost certain. Second event is in Sacramento CA - about 150 miles away from my home. Weather permitting, I will be there. And even if the AT doesn't make it, the show is always worthwhile.
Probably guaranteed it will be there. They might not let you on it, but it'll be there. Should already be on sale in Europe by that point.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When is the release date for America?
At this point, all we know is that it will be available for sale in the U.S. "early 2016". Since new bike sales don't really pick up here until the second quarter, and Honda will be fulfilling European orders and planning production world-wide for the CRF-AT, they could delay delivery to dealers in the U.S. until March and not lose many sales here for doing so.

Another consideration Honda might have is that they are very strong on selling DCT equipped motorcycles. The 700 cc powered models and VFR1200F and VFR1200X are well received in Europe (about 50% of those models are sold there with DCT) but not so much in the U.S. If the CRF-AT with DCT gets rave reviews and sells well in Europe, it might encourage DCT sales here. So it wouldn't be surprising to see them drag their feet releasing it here to let the wonders of DCT sink in to the American psyche. (I'm already on board that train.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
At this point, all we know is that it will be available for sale in the U.S. "early 2016". Since new bike sales don't really pick up here until the second quarter, and Honda will be fulfilling European orders and planning production world-wide for the CRF-AT, they could delay delivery to dealers in the U.S. until March and not lose many sales here for doing so.

Another consideration Honda might have is that they are very strong on selling DCT equipped motorcycles. The 700 cc powered models and VFR1200F and VFR1200X are well received in Europe (about 50% of those models are sold there with DCT) but not so much in the U.S. If the CRF-AT with DCT gets rave reviews and sells well in Europe, it might encourage DCT sales here. So it wouldn't be surprising to see them drag their feet releasing it here to let the wonders of DCT sink in to the American psyche. (I'm already on board that train.)
Honda already has a favourable take rate on DCT equipped models. I doubt they hold it up just for the sake of it. IF anything they might slow it down bringing the regular mdoel over. Theres probably more demand for the regular and they may have trouble having enough supply early...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did you go? What did you see? :|

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marc,

Honda announced they would have the AT at the Long Beach show (Nov 20-22) so my main reason for attending the Sacramento show (Nov 6-9) was gone. Plus, snow was forecast over the Sierras on Sunday. I didn't bother going over. As lackadaisical as Honda seems to be meeting CRF-AT target dates, it wouldn't surprise me if they miss the Long Beach show too.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts