Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. For sale is a black sargent low seat. I never rode on it so still in brand new condition. I just got used to my taller suspension.

I paid over $450 with tax.

I'd like $350 (does not include shipping)

The seat is in Asheville NC 28806. If you're local and want to get it in person this is a hellofa deal. I tried to price it so you'd still be ahead with also paying for shipping.

20210510_165831.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does it compare in "height" to the Honda OEM Low seat?
Its a little higher for me. I have the Honda low seat as well, but find it shamefully uncomfortable. It's probably closer to the stock regular (2017) seat in low position. The reason being is that it's a bit wider on me. I do believe that it will break in some and conform somewhat to its user, but I'm not 100% sure. Other people's body shapes might have a slightly different experience.

I was really happy with the stock ergos on the stock regular seat. Every change I made caused other problems, so I just now deal with the taller bike on the very tips of my toes.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
590 Posts
What is the material Amphib? And does the front of the seat cover more or extend higher than the OEM? It looks like it has a pretty good rise.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the material Amphib? And does the front of the seat cover more or extend higher than the OEM? It looks like it has a pretty good rise.
Sargent calls it carbon fx. It seems like a woven vinyl...i assume to keep you from sliding around too much... a texture if you will. The front of the seat covers the tank exactly like the oem. In regular position, it fills the indention on the tank nicely. Low position, it leaves a gap like other oem seats do.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still available? I’m from Richmond VA and wouldn’t mind riding down there
Yes it is. Depending on when, I’d be willing to meet you part way. I’ll be up that way in 5 or 6 weeks as well.....(Manassas.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts