Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I know the specified capacity for new oil (with a filter change) is 4.4 quarts but I am questioning if this is enough?
Yesterday I did an oil change, both plugs removed, oil and dct filter changed and then refilled with exactly 4.4 quarts.
Ran the bike for five mins then let it sit for two. Unscrewed the dipstick, wiped it then placed back in (not screwed on) and the level shown was at the minimum not half way up as recommended. The bike was level on the centre stand at all times.

Has anyone had the same experience or want to offer me some advice.

Thanks for advice and sorry if this is a repost I couldn't find anything applicable before posting.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,761 Posts
I have not. What does the dipstick register this morning? (cold on the center stand)

If normal, re-run the engine and let sit again and measure?

(we want to ensure there is no black hole singularity in the engine block)

·
Registered
2017 Africa Twin
44 Posts
I had a similar experience with my first oil change, 2017 manual. It took more than the factory recommendation before registering in the middle. Second oil change to be done this week, so I'll measure how much it takes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not. What does the dipstick register this morning? (cold on the center stand)

If normal, re-run the engine and let sit again and measure?

(we want to ensure there is no black hole singularity in the engine block)
It's still low and I have blue tissue paper towel under the bike and nothing is dripping

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts