Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to forum, live in Germantown TN.

I currently have a '13 Honda CB1100 and love it but thinking about adding an AT to the garage. I have found a GREAT deal on '16 AT DCT Red/Black with 2.5k miles. I have seen/read the differences in the different years, but is there any real "don't by a '16" issues I should know about?

Thanks,

·
Registered
577 Posts
AFAIK, there has been a recall done on all 2016 models with an OEM Centerstand.
It is minor but I'd check. 2.5k is practically new however, asking price should be well below
8k depending on how much the PO has added in farkles.
One reason I am keeping mine with a newer 2019 DCT

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm with DCTFAN. I have a '17, it's the same as the' 16. No issues. The oem stand I ordered came with the new clip, no big deals. Just make sure you get it for the right price. There's still new leftover models around for close to $9k. Great bike, I love mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,341 Posts
I am new to forum, live in Germantown TN.

I currently have a '13 Honda CB1100 and love it but thinking about adding an AT to the garage. I have found a GREAT deal on '16 AT DCT Red/Black with 2.5k miles. I have seen/read the differences in the different years, but is there any real "don't by a '16" issues I should know about?

Thanks,
Hey Cobalt - Welcome to the Forum !!

The CB1100 is the ultimate classic inline-4. Soooooooo sweet. If you acquire an AT and maintain the CB, do it.

Warning: The AT may steal much of your attention for daily use. The CB will shine when out for riding duty, but the AT is always ready to hop 'n' go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the quick responses. Based on your comments there are no red flags for me and the price of the one I am looking at is a good deal!

I will let you know if I pull the trigger!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I waited too long, bike sold on Thursday. Well I will keep looking, I really prefer a red/while/blue one and think I may want a 2018/19 unless I see another screaming deal on a '16.

Based on the current economic environment there may be some deals to come this year.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
51 Posts
AFAIK, there has been a recall done on all 2016 models with an OEM Centerstand.
It is minor but I'd check. 2.5k is practically new however, asking price should be well below
8k depending on how much the PO has added in farkles.
One reason I am keeping mine with a newer 2019 DCT
The centre stand recall is for a circlip. Not a deal breaker. My 2016 is at 25000km and its AWESOME!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts