Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard when the New 2017 AT with new chrome spokes is to be released in U.K. and Ireland.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think there is anything definite at the moment. I mentioned my spokes to M50 and they told me to bide my time to see if a fix is available. They are aware of the issue. So far there is plenty of speculation here and there but that's about it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Griff,typical Main dealership.M50 told me recently they sold a number of AT and had no one complain bout spokes or heated grips.they hadn't even heard of trouble anywhere,not even from company.tpld me to take what you here on forums with a pinch of salt.Honda Cork had the same dribble,but the overland era in Wexford were straight up with the problems.bit far away for me do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was told by Wolverhampton Honda that the changes for 2017 are just emissions stuff for Euro4, no changes to spokes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Griff,typical Main dealership.M50 told me recently they sold a number of AT and had no one complain bout spokes or heated grips.they hadn't even heard of trouble anywhere,not even from company.tpld me to take what you here on forums with a pinch of salt.Honda Cork had the same dribble,but the overland era in Wexford were straight up with the problems.bit far away for me do.

I am assuming you don't have an AT yet so I am not surprised that they would take the party line of "no problems" in case they would scare you off. However they cannot deny problems with spokes because their demo bike has tarnished spokes when I had a look last week. To be honest I wouldn't let it stop me getting one. I think they might still have one or two in stock like mine (basic model with no ABS or TC) at a good price. Mine had the hand guards, bashplate and centre stand included for the overall price. I was a little anxious about the lack of ABS at first, but the front brake is very progressive and as such that anxiety has reduced.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not hv AT yet.i wldnt giv a deposit till I c if they hv solved problems.the two demos I had,doe short,was enjoyable as I felt at home on her.ABS for me do.just feel safer in my head specially in bad weather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told the AT 2016 was already Euro4 ready but they gave it Euro3 to be able to offer an ABS-less version (not allowed as Euro4 machine). So the Euro4 was just a matter of new stickers and no more ABS-less version. (Honda EU told me)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was told at the NEC that the 2017 AT would have stainless spokes and I contacted Honda UK to confirm this. They said NO :surprise:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts