Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fellow Africa Twin Fans!

I have for sale my 2017 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin. This is the highly desirable 6 speed manual version, not DCT. I bought this brand new (out of the box!) in June of 2017 and have put on just over 14,000 wonderful miles since. The motor was professionally broken in and has not burned a drop of oil. After break-in, I've only run it with full synthetic oil. This 270* 996cc parallel twin engine is a gem with tons of usable power. It can be a gentle giant and you can maneuver this at crawling speeds, or it'll just about rip your arms off entering highway ramps.

This bike is just as at home doing 11hr+ days in the saddle, as it is taking quick trips across town to the grocery store. The chassis and balance of the bike will lead you to believe that it weighs far less than the 500lb weight would suggest. The ergonomics are spot on, and the seat laughs in the face of iron but challenges. This bike is 100% the best adventure bike on the market today. I've ridden them all, and when it comes to everyday usability, and long-term reliability, this bike is head and shoulders over its competition. This bike will always start, will never leave you stranded and will always beg you for more miles.

I've done some modifications to the bike to improve it over its life. They include:

-Factory 12V power socket
-Oxford Adventure heated grips
-Barkbuster handguards
-Trail Jammer Stator Guard
-Camel ADV footpeg brace
-IMS footpegs
-Outback Motortek Crash Bars
-Custom header and muffler
-RapidBike Race unit with tune (putting down just over 100hp/80lb-ft)
-New Superlight front/rear sprockets (current gearing is 15/42, the 16t front comes with the bike if you would like to swap it on)
-DID X-ring chain (all drivetrain components have around 2,000 miles on them)
-Penske front fork
-Penske rear shock

This has been one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. It is amazingly smooth on the freeways yet can still blast up a gravel path or twisty road, all while getting 50mpg+! Not to mention, it looks amazing in the tricolor livery with gold wheels.

The suspension was custom set up but is fully adjustable for any new rider. With the new setup, the wallow-y feel of the original bike is gone. It now feels tight, sharp, and ultra-responsive, while still being supple on the bumps. If you know Penske suspension, you know that there is no other company that can match their performance. There's a reason the F1 teams use them!

It has been professionally maintained and upgraded and has been amazingly reliable. It has plenty of good miles left in it, and all it needs right now is a new home!

Willing to work with potential buyer on price depending on what aftermarket parts you want. I still have the stock suspension and can remove the RapidBike unit if needed. Stock exhaust is also available.

Please reach out with any questions!

Bike is located in Milwaukee, WI, but willing to split shipping/delivery costs with perspective buyer.

Price: $10,500

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts