Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery got weak and I tried to jump start with a car while car was running. Everything went dead when I switched to on- any recommendations?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the 30AMP fuse connected to the battery and it is fine. i was reading online and someone mentioned that the Voltage Regulator/Recitifier could be fried. i found them online for purchase for around $90 and was wondering if anyone knows if this is the issue. Also, The battery was weak to begin with so wondering what battery would be best for my 2017 AT DCT

·
Super Moderator
3,528 Posts
Jump starting from a running vehicle is never a good idea, possibly blown the main fuse.
Yeah, never charge m/c from a running, larger vehicle if you can avoid it @Zev Beckerman.

Some simple tips:
  • Disconnect m/c battery and connect a standalone known good battery (e.g. a bench m/c or car battery). See if your AT recovers.
  • If AT does not recover, check all associated fuses (again).
  • Check associated electrical connectors. Maybe one fried.
  • Check other electrical components.
  • Use Forum search utility generously.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Although Reg/Rec has been a weak point on older Honda's in the past I've not seen or heard of any problems with the CRF, if you don't have a manual to test it your only choice is to replace the battery and voltage test the Reg/Rec that way. The battery is fast becoming the CRF weak point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. all it was is the main 30 amp fuse. i was not able to locate it as the manual diagram shows it as being under the seat but it is not under the seat. it is on the right side - opposite to where the battery is in a very hard to reach spot. it has a plastic cover you must remove and then you need to unclip this plastic shiny cover and this is where the main fuse is (30 amp) - it was a nightmare as i had to dismount my Heed Crash guard to get to it but thank god, it is only a fuse - I thought i burnt out the entire electrical system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thinned down the walls on the back side of the cover so that it can bend a little easier. I can remove it with the Heed bars in place.
ADC21D0D-239D-4919-93D4-BBB799E58357.jpeg
BDC517BE-862D-4F14-BA97-DE0C0E98403E.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks everyone. all it was is the main 30 amp fuse. i was not able to locate it as the manual diagram shows it as being under the seat but it is not under the seat. it is on the right side - opposite to where the battery is in a very hard to reach spot. it has a plastic cover you must remove and then you need to unclip this plastic shiny cover and this is where the main fuse is (30 amp) - it was a nightmare as i had to dismount my Heed Crash guard to get to it but thank god, it is only a fuse - I thought i burnt out the entire electrical system.
A great feeling when you feel like you’ve had a win eh? This forum is the place to be for depressurising and we’ve all been there... 😂👊🇦🇺

1 - 13 of 13 Posts