Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought from the local Honda dealership. 1 previous owner and 7k miles on the clock.
Keeping a premium ADV bike with 7,000 in mileage is like keeping a pair of shoes you only use to climb the stairs... so it's not strictly 'new' but it might as well be.
I've only made minor changes to it, plus a couple in the ether. Maybe a couple of tank guards, Barkbusters, and some 50/50 tyres.

My only lazy complaint was the ugly stock exhaust. It's too big, too shiny and hangs off the bike like a vanity mirror.
Your opinions may vary of course. All in all it's a wonderful machine and I'm super happy with it

IMG_0506.jpg

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,993 Posts
Hi and welcome, nice pic, looks like you are getting some use out of it..

Reactions: SkyGuyChris

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Hey Chris, and welcome to the Forum.

Yeah, the stock exhaust is an eye sore - but it is not just with the AT, many other bikes have similar grumbles. I have seen other offerings throughout the Forum. You have to just execute a search. Beware that some aftermarket offerings may violate bylaws in your jurisdiction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome and advice, guys.
I'd already dumped the exhaust. The Remus Okami carbon model is fitted in the pic but here is the clearer side.
I took a look at the Scorpion model too, Motobiker. Looks seamless with the heat shields, which is always a bonus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts