Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
approx 600 miles (going up as I ride it), plenty of accessories already installed, bike is ready to go, just not what I was expecting after coming off my KTM 1190 ADV-R , First oil change completed
Bike $12,800
AltRider Brake Lever $85
Hepco Becker Hand Guards $160
Black Dog Skid Plate $345
Hepco Becker Upper Bars $294
Black Dog Lower Bars $285
Black Dog Connect Rods $160
SW Motech Pannier Mounts $300
Black Dog Rear Plate $149
Black Dog Bar Risers $99
Honda Accesssory Plug $80 Needs install
NelsonRigg Tank Bag $85
Black Dog Brake Resevoir Cover $37
SW Motech HD Pannier Mounts $40
SW Motech Pegs $157
Givi Windshield $185
GIVI Sidesatnd Enlarger $50
Honda OEM Centerstand $195
Tires $350
12V Power $30
Mosko Moto Backcountry Panniers $700

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
In what ways were you surprised/disappointed? The 1190 r is a killer bike, but it bakes your nuts.....and the one I rode stranded me with fuel pump failure. IMHO, the AT gives up a bit in performance/HP, but it more than makes up for it with reliability, great ergos, and superior long range and remote touring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power, geometry and low end "roll through " torque. I've ridden many bikes for almost 50 years and can adapt to about anything and being 6'3" makes it easier on me with tall seat heights. The geometry is big for me, I ride mountain bikes as well as road and its why I keep buying Specialized vs Cannonade, its just a better fit. True, the KTM runs hot but that can be manipulated. I never had a failure (guess I am lucky) but that was scary to think about, middle of BFE and no KTM dealer to service the bike (probably would not have the parts anyway) which is why I went Red. If I sell it good, If I don't not a big deal, really put way too much $$$ into it and next week will be the first multi day off road adventure, I might come back loving it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts