Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until a few days ago, when switched to D (Drive) the bike would sit until sufficient gas is applied for the bike to start moving. Now, immediately when switched to either D or S the bike begins to roll.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Brad

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine has started creeping lately. Might need to try this on mine.

Does the engine have to be at operating temp for this to be done? or does it matter cold or hot?

·
Registered
112 Posts
FWIW I did the reset on mine and the creeping has gone away. I did it right after a ride so the engine was at operating temp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After the reset, the D and S remain on screen. Unable to switch between Sport and Drive. Stuck in Sport. Unable to use Manual bypass. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
After the reset, the D and S remain on screen. Unable to switch between Sport and Drive. Stuck in Sport. Unable to use Manual bypass. Any thoughts or ideas?
Mine did something like that when I did the reset after a hard ride. Tried several times and each time the same (bad result). Left it overnight, then started it and let it warm up on the stand for a few minutes, tried the reset and all was good. Might be something to do with where the oil is ( ie after a ride maybe it's spread around too much.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts