Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I tried searching for info regarding this topic but was unable to find anything related...

My question is if anyone knows how the radiator fans work, if they engage both at the same time, or if they engage separately, 1st the right side one at a given temperature and then the left one if the other doesn't manage to take the temp down on time.

Thanks for the help!!

Paulo Moniz

·
Registered
208 Posts
On my 2017, they appear to both come on at the same time. I get to experience this a lot in Phoenix, AZ, this time of year!

Engine temps stays good, though, at 113F outside air temp.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
My fans were on a lot yesterday. We may be getting record high July temperatures. Basically, you step outside, ... , don't move, ... , you sweat. Most riders I see do not wear upper body gear - just a t-shirt. It is heavy air.

I even parked the bike, walked away, came back, switched on the ignition (no engine turning), and the fans came on.

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I would have to think they should both come on at once looking at the info in the shop manual. It appears as though its a single relay for both fans.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your feedback!

Yes, it was/is my understanding that they should come on at the same time, but never really paid attention to that! Saw later last night someone here with a 2018 ATAS left fan burned, so i might have to look closer to that fan because if it really is 1 relay for both and the right side one is working, probably the left one is toast!

Thanks again!

Paulo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts