Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I find at least 2 dealers on cycletrader who claim to have a 2018 ATAS for sale.
Is it possible there are actually 2018's arriving in USA, or is this some BS teasing going on???:frown2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like BS.
Did not thing they would be till summer.
Hope I am wrong.

So, I find at least 2 dealers on cycletrader who claim to have a 2018 ATAS for sale.
Is it possible there are actually 2018's arriving in USA, or is this some BS teasing going on???:frown2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeppers, I am guessing they are trying to sell orders. I have run into that on cycletrader plenty before.....

The nearest store that advertises the ATAS is 350 miles from me, or I would stop by!!
However, will call them tomorro to see what is the deal......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, people, here is the ongoing story. I know many of you are sitting on edge of your chairs wondering about this!
I have talked with one dealer who shows 2018 Africa Twins on his Cycletrader ad. He claims that cycle trader puts the new bikes into his inventory on the ad.
I am now talking with Cycletrader to see what they say about this.
I am just tired of seeing bikes advertised that are months away from being available.
Depending on how this goes, I think it would be appropriate to "out" the 3 dealers in the USA who have 2018 AT bikes showing in their ads on CT......... We all know they don't have the bikes...........

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heard back from Cycletrader.

They say: "Thank you for your email. CycleTrader.com serves only as the advertising venue for these items. We have no part in how the Dealers obtain their inventory. But, it does not seem terribly "far-fetched" to me, that licensed Honda Dealers would have early, or "exclusive" access to items that Honda has yet to release to the grater market.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email, live chat, or by calling the toll free number below. Thank you for choosing Trader Online, and enjoy your day!" Copied and pasted, as received.

So, the dealer telling me that cycletrader somehow adds bikes to their ad when they show up on the Honda site, is simply 100% not true.

One dealer who does this misleading advertising, in my opinion, is Honda of North Little Rock/ Arkansas Yamaha.

There are currently 2 other Honda dealers in the USA who are also advertising 2018 Africa Twins, even though they can't sell them for 3 or 4 months, and they know it.

Pretty much looks like "bait and switch". In fact, the Arkansas dealer's first response was, we don't have the 2018, but we can make a great deal on a 2017.......

·
Registered
465 Posts
Could it be that they're advertising for pre-orders? You know, like early bird specials. If that was the case then okay I can see that but it should be mentioned in the ad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so here is the rest of the story, at Honda of North Little Rock/ Arkansas Yamaha.
They have added the disclaimer "now taking deposits on summer delivery". I applaud them for their honesty in correcting this, and take back any negative comments I said about this dealership. I believe it was an honest mistake and they did not realize how it might effect someone who has been counting down the days to arrival of the Adventure Sport for almost 5 months now.
I wonder if the other 3 dealers on Cycletrader who don't have any disclaimer about availability will upset wrapped tight folks like me????

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ok, so here is the rest of the story, at Honda of North Little Rock/ Arkansas Yamaha.
They have added the disclaimer "now taking deposits on summer delivery". I applaud them for their honesty in correcting this, and take back any negative comments I said about this dealership. I believe it was an honest mistake and they did not realize how it might effect someone who has been counting down the days to arrival of the Adventure Sport for almost 5 months now.
I wonder if the other 3 dealers on Cycletrader who don't have any disclaimer about availability will upset wrapped tight folks like me????
So, what you're saying is they read my post! :grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stopped into the local Honda, Yamaha, and KTM dealer last week. Asked the manager about the Adventure Sports. He directed me to his salesman. “Do you know when it will be in?”” No.” “ Has Yamaha released information on the 700 Tenere?” No” Any news about KTM and a 790 Adventure? No, we are not A KTM street bike dealer.
OK. . The AS is being sold in europe now. Does Honda think I’ll wait? Buy A left over 17? Chances are If they continue to play games I’ll shop else where.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You would think that the Adventure Sports is just about hear so Honda would have let the dealers in on what is going on by now.

Yamaha probably does not even know when it will be out yet.

Ktm has to be on the verge of deciding when they will be available by now.

So, am not real impressed by your local dealer. At least, they should be able find out information on the Adventure Sports.

I stopped into the local Honda, Yamaha, and KTM dealer last week. Asked the manager about the Adventure Sports. He directed me to his salesman. “Do you know when it will be in?”” No.” “ Has Yamaha released information on the 700 Tenere?” No” Any news about KTM and a 790 Adventure? No, we are not A KTM street bike dealer.
OK. . The AS is being sold in europe now. Does Honda think I’ll wait? Buy A left over 17? Chances are If they continue to play games I’ll shop else where.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts