Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEllo,
I am a transplant from V strom which I rode for 6 years. I loved the bike, but it was time for something newer and better. I went with 2018 Adv model.
Now I am picking it up this week. My first question would be, do I really need to have dealer do first service? I did all my work on my previous bike, so oil chance is not a big deal. What do you think.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I did my first service. Its dead easy. I made out my own service sheet that I ticked off and signed as you would get from the dealer. I kept my receipts for oil , filter and crush washers and attached them to my service sheet. Finally I signed the service book. I discussed this with the dealer and he said if you are competent and keep receipts then Honda should still honour the warranty. If you can change oil and adjust a chain you can do the 600 mile service

The only thing I didn't get done was a quick diagnostic check as I don't have the equipment. The dealer did say however that he would do this for me but I never got it done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts