Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get any great deals on 2018 Adventure Sports? Always good to know what the dealers are willing to let them roll out the door for, bottom line?:nerd:...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously? MSRP pricing? Nobody out there is finding a dealer that is taking the price down to make a deal? I'd hate to wait for the 2019's to come out, just to get a price reduction on the 2018's, but I will if I have to...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got 15% off extras. MSRP here plus dealer fees. They have to make money while they can. I'm sure they will be selling the heck out of Monkeys soon too for MSRP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are the 2018 Africa Twin's at US dealers showroom yet? I haven't found a dealership with one yet and they just want me to order one. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2018 model in the US? If so and you had to order one, how long did it take to get it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Florida

Are the 2018 Africa Twin's at US dealers showroom yet? I haven't found a dealership with one yet and they just want me to order one. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2018 model in the US? If so and you had to order one, how long did it take to get it?
I picked mine up in Florida. My dealer has sold 2 ATAS DCT's. I've had it about a month now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got mine at Daytona Fun Machines. Paid MSRP plus about 350 each in prep and freight, but no dealer fee other than those.
I tried to talk them down, they held a firm stance saying other dealers were trying to get the bike from them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought mine at Honda of Russellville (Arkansas). They discounted it $700.00 (DCT model). No other fees, out the door for $14999.00. They also discounted accessories. Jolee Manning was sales rep. I've had it about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I told my dealer 3 times I wanted the AT AS DCT and what do they do... order the manual. I didn't "order" it officially and didn't pay a deposit when I told them what I wanted, so I accept the consequences of having to wait an extra month to get my DCT. I'm supposed to have it this week, but am currently waiting on a call to see if they have a VIN so I can work with the bank and get that out of the way. I paid full price + too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My ATAS DCT was supposed to be here this week, but guess what? It got bumped off the shipment list. Called Honda to try to learn the process and the customer service guy might as well be taking my burger and fry order because he knew nothing. I called the dealer again and they spent 20 minutes explaining that my bike was probably on a cargo ship in the ocean waiting for arrival in Shreveport, LA where it would get it's VIN number assigned to my order. I was told August 6th, 2018. It was explained to me that Honda just goes by first come first serve and a little luck. My dealer said they asked for a DCT and a manual and was told they wouldn't get either. they did, however, get a manual. I wish it was simpler than this, but this bike is hard to find I guess for my region (the midwest of the US). I'm still drooling at the internet awaiting my order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking at a 2018 ATAS, my local dealership says he has one and Im gonna go check it out. Does anyone know the differences 2018 vs 2019? Or when the 2019s will be out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
$1000 off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told yesterday that mine was shipping next week. They don't know what day yet (Tues-Fri) is the best estimate. I ordered mine in May 2018. Another customer who came in to buy one while I was there checking and drooling on other bikes was told it would take 6 months to get one. I'm not sure if that was true because they sold him the manual AS on the showroom floor. Depending on your dealer (so definitely check around) I bet you're looking at least at 2-3 months wait time. And don't believe what your dealer says, bc mine has had to push it back 3 times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im looking at a 2018 ATAS, my local dealership says he has one and Im gonna go check it out. Does anyone know the differences 2018 vs 2019? Or when the 2019s will be out?

No info out that I know of.... and I'm guessing they will come out in may/june of 2019, but you would be missing out on the 30th Anniv edition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I went to my local Honda dealer, they had 1 2018 ATAS and two 2017 ATs. Price on the 2018 is $13,495 USD, but after all the freakin' fees, sales tax and registration, OTD price is $16,508. Ouch. Fees out the ying-yang. Sales tax in LV is .081 on the dollar, that comes out to $1053, but tack on another 2k in fees? wow. Man, I got fee shock!!!.... but I want this machine!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am coming over from BMW and have enjoyed this forum.
I am demoing a used '16 DCT in the morning to see how I like DCT and will get a price from the dealer, there, then. I 'want' the ATAS DCT.
Local dealer does not stock any ATs but said OTD $16,300.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe I got the last adventure sport in British columbia in the middle of august. they would not come down in price at all. they did throw in oil and filter for its first service. I had to drive 250km to another town because they would not do a dealer trade to my local dealer. I think if you want one you are gonna pay full price.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts