Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received by VIN today, supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday. I HATE the idea of a new bike, but felt my deal was good, just under $15.3 out the door. I wanted used, but at 6'5 and years of small bikes, I decided it was time to take the plunge and go Adv Sports. -hope I was right! Probably paying a $3.5k premium over a 17 used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I have been going back an forward with a couple dealers and in the LA area (high sales tax) and I can get a 2018 ATAS out the door for 15,400.
I feel its a good deal.. What do you guys think

Dries

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey,

I have been going back an forward with a couple dealers and in the LA area (high sales tax) and I can get a 2018 ATAS out the door for 15,400.
I feel its a good deal.. What do you guys think

Dries
i say go for it. which dealers? im also in LA. a buddy of mine is gonna get his AT next year and we would like to go to a cool dealer with good prices.

cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my new 2018 ATAS Manual on December 29th. Honda had a USD$500 factory to dealer incentive on the 2018s and I knew that going in. I had seriously not intended to buy it the day I test drove it, but I went to test drive it anticipating buying it a couple days later.

After the test drive, the finance guy came out and offered to match the factory incentive bringing it to $1,000 off. I told him that I wanted to sleep on it and since the factory rebate was going to expire on the 31st that if he could hold that deal for 2 more days I would sleep on it and let him know. At that point I was fully anticipating buying it on the 31st and being happy with $1,000 off msrp. I was about to leave when the general manager came out and started saying how he wanted to sell the bike that day etc and started proposing $1,100 off and then $1,200 off. I was firm with him and I kept reiterating the 'no it's a big purchase I want to sleep on it...' schtick. Eventually he asked how much would he have to take off for me to buy it that day. I told him $2,000 thinking there is no way he would take another $1,000 off, again still not planning to buy it that day, and he ended up calling my bluff. I think that bike had been on their lot for a while and he just really wanted it off of his books for 2019.

TLDR: $2,000 off msrp the OTD price was around USD$16,400 with tax/freight/dealer doc fees.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought a brand new leftover 2018 ATAS for $11,229 yesterday out the door (except tax, bought out of state so I’ll pay that here). Was fully expecting them to add some dealer fees on top of that price but when he slid the bill of sale over to me I was quite surprised.

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
I just bought a brand new leftover 2018 ATAS for $11,229 yesterday out the door (except tax, bought out of state so I’ll pay that here). Was fully expecting them to add some dealer fees on top of that price but when he slid the bill of sale over to me I was quite surprised.
Congratulations Mil - sounds pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
Welcome to the Forum James, and congratulations on your new AT acquisition.

Remember to share some action snaps when you get nice 'n' ready.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts