Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
the ONLY down fall I can find with these pegs are the sheer size. I chose to leave them raw to see the beauty of the stainless but man are these things sharp. I am going to have to pull them off and buff the edges on the outside so I stop cutting my legs open. While riding, I could do a two step while riding. I have room for days!
You might be able to make rubber covers for them...
Take them off dip them in a light oil or maybe melted wax - Then dip about 1/4” or so in tool rubberizing compound
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=DIP+and+Grip+Rubberized+Plastic+Coating&_sacat=0

You just need to find some oil or anything that will keep the “dip” from sticking, put it in a shallow pan and dip the top spikes plus a little more in it. This way you should end up with rubber “covers” for your pegs that you can take off and put on when you want to.
Just a thought....

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I will try that. Even to just dip the outside edge or act like a grown up and wear pants when I ride.
Whoa! Just start with dipping them FIRST! let’s not talk crazy talk with the “act like a grown up” stuff.... Also I might ad.. if you like riding around naked with no pants - YOU GO!! - more power to ya! Or maybe it’s just in undies, either way, it’s gotta be a great way to “air” things out..:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Better still get some thing like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3mm-ID-Silicone-Vacuum-Hose-Turbo-Dump-Radiator-Rubber-Air-Vac-Pipe-Silicon-Tube/140698848090?var=441247705588&hash=item20c24e0b5a:g:5VcAAMXQDnpTX8i~
AND the cool thing is it comes in colors!
Get it - slice one side - cut to length - slide over the spikes - use some small clear zip ties to hold it on.. You could at least run it all around the outside circumference/edge..

Even tho it will wear out, I would expect, some what quick - since the tube would just be sitting on the tips of the spikes and the weight of your foot would be pressing the spikes into it. Still if you can buy a roll of this or something like it cheap, you could always make another piece for it when it does wear out..

·
Registered
175 Posts
My cheap butt would just take a file to the peg spikes and smooth them out a bit.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm going to try and leave it alone looks wise and take the flap wheel and scotch bright to the outside edge to smooth it over. As far as ridin in the buff, **** I wish I had that much land. Just shorts here or the state of Commiefornia would lock me up

·
Registered
22 Posts
My cheap butt would just take a file to the peg spikes and smooth them out a bit.

LOL They look like they are ready to eat your feet. If they work for folks great but I think the last thing I would want is bigger pegs on my ATAS. The stock ones already bang into my legs enough and not to mention sometimes get caught on my riding pants. Bigger and more aggressive would only make that worse.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea, I "try" to remember to wear my MX boots all the time. Sometimes forget and even them stock pegs hurt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I wear a size 13 shoe, the stock pegs were a complete joke for me. My Kawasaki Concours14 had bigger pegs. These pegs are the biggest he makes and a personal choice for my comfort. XL Rally pegs are not for everyone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wear a size 13 shoe, the stock pegs were a complete joke for me. My Kawasaki Concours14 had bigger pegs. These pegs are the biggest he makes and a personal choice for my comfort. XL Rally pegs are not for everyone.
Yeah I'm a size 12 with wide flat feet so I'm having issues with how small the pegs are, but unless I have motocross boots on I don't want sharp edges to worry about digging into me if a drop the bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
=I took a flap wheel on my grinder and buffed the edges and now they are perfect. I choose to order mine in the RAW form. He also sells them painted or polished. Polished would round the edges in that process. I would order pegs from Bosley's over and over. Hand made art!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts