Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to redo my OEM guard..

Reactions: Sled

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, pretty good AT-D. You maintained to specifications label.
Yea, just reused the OEM one - came off pretty easy.. Good to keep the tire pressure’s “on hand”
Now I’m Just waiting for my new swing arm stickers to come..

·
Registered
12 Posts
@AT-Dragon Not sure if i'm on the right place, but do you know any chain guard extension for the 18/19 ATAS? With the OEM plastic guard the chain lube lands everywhere on the frame as well as on my boots/pants. I've just mounted the R&G but does not look promising after doing some offroad trips. I do see one existing from sw mothech but they are not compatible with the ATAS just with the '15-'17 AT. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@AT-Dragon Not sure if i'm on the right place, but do you know any chain guard extension for the 18/19 ATAS? With the OEM plastic guard the chain lube lands everywhere on the frame as well as on my boots/pants. I've just mounted the R&G but does not look promising after doing some offroad trips. I do see one existing from sw mothech but they are not compatible with the ATAS just with the '15-'17 AT. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Not off hand, most offer about the same coverage as the OEM, just made from different materials. Maybe try a dry lube or a different brand might be a easier option..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not off hand, most offer about the same coverage as the OEM, just made from different materials. Maybe try a dry lube or a different brand might be a easier option..
I've been using castrol racing lube which is quite good... on road it lasts about 500-600 km on good weather, but after a while the change got too dry. I'm using a cobrra nemo 2 oiler which is very good and confortable , but the oil spread is visible on ym boots and pants even if i'm using a thick oil for truck gearboxes. The R&G chain guard solved the problem a lot, but does not looks like it's very strong espetially offroad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts