Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed OEM center stand w/properly heat treated circlip. Piece of 1/4" nylon rope and a 3 foot 1x1 and springs went on without a hitch. My wife pulled the lever and I guided the springs on the hook.
Installed Barkbusters with VPS plastics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And forgot to mention I previously installed a SWEGOTECH forkshield air deflector. Works great with my Arai with standard seat in low postion. I'm 6'0".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil change at 594 miles w/ OEM filters and Honda HP4S 10W-30

Also, I'm posting up some pics of my Barkbusters installed. It would have helped me to see some installed before I put them on so hopefully these might help someone in the future. NOTE: I left the snap rings and inner bar weights installed and I had to take the right side back off to route my heated grip cable under the bracket instead of over it. There was a risk of the brake lever pinching it.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed Rugged Roads radiator guards. Fitment was a breeze but I had to bend the tab on the mount that attaches where the Philips head screws are removed to get the bolt holes to line up better on the horn (left) side. Bent it slightly toward the forks. Big improvement over the plastics that come on the radiators.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your progress. Much appreciated.

I like the looks of that brake reservoir guard... nice. And I have to get me some radiator guards too.

Thanks for sharing, Gary

Ps. I did my center stand the same way recently, but solo. Just propped a broom handle over a pannier box at the back of the rear tire and with twine tied from the broom handle to a hook, hooked the springs and pushed the broom handle with my foot and had the springs on in minutes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Installed Eastern Beaver PC8. Install went pretty smooth and seat installs in the low position no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your progress. Much appreciated.
No problem, any time! I have gotten so much help and great ideas from the forum. Hoping some of this will help others.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Installed Eastern Beaver PC8. Install went pretty smooth and seat installs in the low position no problem.
Great idea with the plastic tubing to protect the cables, and good to see there is enough space even with that around the battery wires. Will copy that when I get my 3CS. Keep up the updates, it's very helpful. I've started doing the same with my add-ons too

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes many thanks for the great pics deltazulu!
That's a very clean looking install of your power center 8. You helped me make the decision to purchase one.
Btw I noticed u r in Idaho!. Have you rode the Magruder corridor on your ATAS? Im just curious as we are heading out in Aug for a 2 week ride around the area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes many thanks for the great pics deltazulu!
That's a very clean looking install of your power center 8. You helped me make the decision to purchase one.
Btw I noticed u r in Idaho!. Have you rode the Magruder corridor on your ATAS? Im just curious as we are heading out in Aug for a 2 week ride around the area.
Great! Glad the pics were helpful!

Negative on the Magruder corridor ride. I’m getting geared up for the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route right now.

You guys have great trip! DZ

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installed Bumot Pannier Rack and Bumot Soft Cases. Attaching photos to show fitment and attach points. The fit and finish on the Bumot kit is excellent.

IMG_1819.jpg IMG_1820.jpg IMG_1830.jpg IMG_1831.jpg IMG_1832.jpg IMG_1833.jpg IMG_1834.jpg IMG_1835.jpg IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1845.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed Hepco and Becker engine crash guards. Attaching some photos to show attach points and fitment. Quality of these crash bars appears to be very good and they fit very well. The exhaust did have to come off to install these. Make sure you get new exhaust gaskets before you do the install.

IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1842.jpg IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1844.jpg IMG_1846.jpg IMG_1847.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed Tutoro Auto Oiler (Adventure Kit). Photos attach to show install and fitment. Do a better job planning the hole drilling in your fin than I did.

IMG_1821.jpg IMG_1822.jpg IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1824.jpg IMG_1825.jpg IMG_1827.jpg IMG_1828.jpg IMG_1829.jpg IMG_1837.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed 15 Amp Powerlet Aux Power outlet in toolbox. It is switched power off of the PC8 primarily for Gerbing heated liner and for air pump when needed. Pics attached showing install.

3/4 Inch hole saw for Powerlet Hole.

IMG_1858.jpg IMG_1859.jpg IMG_1861.jpg IMG_1864.jpg IMG_1868.jpg IMG_1869.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts