Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can anyone advise what the Honda part number is for the 2018 ATAS? I think my dealer may have ordered the wrong stand for me. The P/N for the stand they sent me is 08M70-MJP-G50.

I see on Rugged Roads UK website it talks about the "tall" version for the ATAS. Link below but no part number shown on website:

http://ruggedroads.co.uk/OEM-Honda-Centre-Stand-CRF1000-Adventure-Sport-2018

Thanks much for any help!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answering my own question:

The part number from the European websites I'm looking at, Honda websites, show 08M70-MKK-D20 is the part # for the CRF1000L2/L2D.

That being said, TexasTen installed the center stand from his 2016 AT on his new 2018 ATAS and he said it works great!

I'm working on getting the details on differences in the two part numbers, if any. I think the D20 is taller than the G50 but need to verify.

DZ

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Elvisto!

I got this text from my dealer today:

So the center stand is different you are correct, they have not released the center stand for the US that’s why we did not see it.
They are not available until July 5

They are also $50 more but my dealer said if I cover the shipping of the AT standard stand back to them it's a wash. They have already ordered the new stand. Works for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sounds like all stands are on backorder--I've been waiting for a standard since January. Every month I call and every time they tell me another month.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I installed the standard Honda OEM center-stand on my 2018 ATAS and it works fine. Able to do rear wheel/chain maintenance with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts