Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2018 Adventure Sport came with an oil leak from the one of the sealing bolts in front of the engine... (see picture but don't pay attention to the rubber O ring that is protruding as it was an attempt to try to stem the issue)

I first noticed oil in the engine guard and then discovered the leaking bolt. Also, the microfische does not show either of those front bolts... any thoughts?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
my 2018 Adventure Sport came with an oil leak from the one of the sealing bolts in front of the engine... (see picture but don't pay attention to the rubber O ring that is protruding as it was an attempt to try to stem the issue)

I first noticed oil in the engine guard and then discovered the leaking bolt. Also, the microfische does not show either of those front bolts... any thoughts?

thanks
The parts that your finger are pointing at are the following:

• 90131896650 - BOLT, DRAIN PLUG (12X15)
  • 9410912000 - WASHER, DRAIN PLUG (12MM)

You will find them on the OIL PAN/OIL PUMP microfiche page

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine had a leak on the first day as well. It was an engine bolt that was not tightened to spec according to the dealer. Not sure which bolt it was as the dealer picked it up with a trailer, fixed it and returned it the next day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had an oil leak since new as well, but from somewhere higher up on the front of the engine. Leaves a couple drips on the garage floor after a ride. Will hopefully be taking it in soon to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply but those are the 2 drain plug /washers.... 12mm

The bolt I’m looking for is clearly depicted there at the front of the housing to the right of the oil filter but it is not listed! The larger one to the right is approx 21mm and is self sealing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As an update... Honda going to replace the whole oil pan... but they are back ordered. Hmmmmmm...

Guess they might have a problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Africa twin oil leak

I have noticed a puddle of oil on the garage floor from my Africa twin today very disappointed in that ? And will investigate when I get the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts