Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since new to date I have been experiencing a random misfire, sometime a total stall ,I then have to restart pulling clutch in and using starter whilst rolling as will not bump start in any gear. This as you can imagine is a pain in the arse as It is so random. The bike is fitted with a quickshifter and today honda have checked to see if any codes have come up. Bike has no fault codes but the service manager felt it misfire and caught it on the throttle whilst riding the bike round there car park, He says he will inform Honda and wait for instructions, He says they may start with new spark plugs. I must admit this is a concern as they will have to remove tank and fairings and I am a bit miffed that my brand new bike Is going to get spannered already just for a few poxy sparkplugs that otherwise would not be touched till next year, my faith in main dealer fitters is somewhat questionable and probably this will not be the cause of the problem..:mad:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man, hate to hear that harleywilma! Please let us know what the root cause is once it is corrected and good luck...I hope you get it sorted soon. Hopefully they don't let the shop monkey work on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Just wondering if you ever resolved the issue with the misfire? I just bought a 6 month old ATAS with 1k miles on it. I’ve done a few hundred miles this week and have been experiencing a few random misfires too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had my 2016 model since new and it has done it quite a few times, total flame out. It usually does it when I blip the throttle on a downshift. This can be quite dangerous and has caught me out a couple of times on twisty mountain roads. Flame out when coming into a hairpin turn and fully loaded really sucks. I put it down to the fuel mixture being too lean. Doesn't seem to make any difference changing between stock muffler or my Wings slip on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interesting! Several weeks ago I was following my son on my KLR and I saw something come out/off the bike. I immediately cut the throttle, pulled the clutch an braked. The RPM dropped to a big 0. Really caught me by surprise. Not fun to know that it might have NOT been an isolated issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since new to date I have been experiencing a random misfire, sometime a total stall ,I then have to restart pulling clutch in and using starter whilst rolling as will not bump start in any gear. This as you can imagine is a pain in the arse as It is so random. The bike is fitted with a quickshifter and today honda have checked to see if any codes have come up. Bike has no fault codes but the service manager felt it misfire and caught it on the throttle whilst riding the bike round there car park, He says he will inform Honda and wait for instructions, He says they may start with new spark plugs. I must admit this is a concern as they will have to remove tank and fairings and I am a bit miffed that my brand new bike Is going to get spannered already just for a few poxy sparkplugs that otherwise would not be touched till next year, my faith in main dealer fitters is somewhat questionable and probably this will not be the cause of the problem..:mad:
I had similar misfire issues and this worked like a charm. Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
6,436 Posts
Dont any of you ppl read your Manuals and follow instructions to clear the airbox tubes ?.....
Heck people - Don't you know you can carry the PDF version of the User's Manual in your smart device everywhere you go? Read while on the crapper in an airplane. There is no excuse! :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have had my 2016 model since new and it has done it quite a few times, total flame out. It usually does it when I blip the throttle on a downshift. This can be quite dangerous and has caught me out a couple of times on twisty mountain roads. Flame out when coming into a hairpin turn and fully loaded really sucks. I put it down to the fuel mixture being too lean. Doesn't seem to make any difference changing between stock muffler or my Wings slip on.
You need this it sorted my 2017 modell.. i kept it after I traded it for my 2019 model

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah, I hate this type of issue with a new bike.. I do not trust anyone stripping my bike.. especially the AT, since there are tubing & stuff that could be pinched if the tank is not fitted back carefully..

·
Registered
2019 ATAS Manual
218 Posts
Dont any of you ppl read your Manuals and follow instructions to clear the airbox tubes ?.....
I am so glad you shared that with us. Now everyone please take notice!!! Be sure to read your manual everyone!! Thanks @seano !!

6 posts in 4 years and no discussions started...prolific member here. Sure glad "ppl" like you come around to remind the rest of us idiots how it's done. SMH👎

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ah Tim I am not sure if your being a smart arse or not .....maybe the reason I haven't posted much is that why bother ....thanks again for reminding me of that :rolleyes:
I am so glad you shared that with us. Now everyone please take notice!!! Be sure to read your manual everyone!! Thanks @seano !!

6 posts in 4 years and no discussions started...prolific member here. Sure glad "ppl" like you come around to remind the rest of us idiots how it's done. SMH👎

·
Registered
2019 ATAS Manual
218 Posts
Ah Tim I am not sure if your being a smart arse or not .....maybe the reason I haven't posted much is that why bother ....thanks again for reminding me of that :rolleyes:
Not being a smart arse at all...I'm quite serious. If our banal questions bore you and are an affront to your sensibilities then perhaps you'd be better served on another forum. I haven't been here that long, but I find that most folks on this forum are courteous and thoughtful and when offering criticism it is coupled with POLITE suggestions for solutions. If that isn't your style, then by all means...why bother?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe I missread your post it happens as I think you have misread mine ....but you are being a smartarse as stated in your post ...anyways ..got better things to do ...You meet the nicest ppl on a Honda ...well most of the time anyway
Not being a smart arse at all...I'm quite serious. If our banal questions bore you and are an affront to your sensibilities then perhaps you'd be better served on another forum. I haven't been here that long, but I find that most folks on this forum are courteous and thoughtful and when offering criticism it is coupled with POLITE suggestions for solutions. If that isn't your style, then by all means...why bother?

·
Registered
2019 ATAS Manual
218 Posts
Yeah ok. If you wanna get technical about it...to be clear, I was being sarcastic. A smart arse might indicate I was being humorous...I was not. Sorry if you don't think I'm nice. I've never been accused of mincing words. And, indeed you do meet the nicest people on the Africa Twin Forum.

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack...last comment from me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As I thought ...your just a smart arse ...I asked a simple question and you thought great here is a chance for me to show my form ....so piss off Eh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts