Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally installed the Ohlins FKA 111 cartridges with 7.5 N/mm springs in my ATAS fork along with SKF seals, K-Tech bushings and Ohlins 01309-01 R&T fork oil.

Install was very straightforward, set the oil level to the specified 90mm (w/o spring and preload tube), bled and buttoned everything up.

The oil and bushings all looked good which is expected considering the low mileage. The right fork oil was a little dirtier, probably from the rust debris on the spring collar tube.

Compression damping in left cartridge, rebound in the right.

Still haven't ridden yet, finishing up some other work but can't wait to try out.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Gotta be a VAST improvement over OEM....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta be a VAST improvement over OEM....
Very vast... (y)

The OEM stuff can be revalved to work decently but I have a bunch of experience with Ohlins over the years so my preference for suspension.

I know what to do when that day comes.
View attachment 55126
The Ohlins cartridge kit is a very easy install, goes together and comes apart easier than stock. If you can do fork seals you can install the cartridge kit for not really much more effort. The usual assortment of suspension tools and 50mm 8 point fork cap tool for the Ohlins fork cap is about it. (y)

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
711 Posts
This is my next major upgrade. Thanks for the info Nomad.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great, I think you'll be happy.

With the 7.5N/mm springs in the front, I'm at 5mm (5 turns) preload and sag is at 30% of travel so looking good with the spring rate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
About to pull the trigger on this. Did the same rear and spring as you a couple of months ago and is night and day difference. Now it's obvious just how bad the front is! 🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,788 Posts
About to pull the trigger on this. Did the same rear and spring as you a couple of months ago and is night and day difference. Now it's obvious just how bad the front is! 🤣
Crap. I guess I better not upgrade the rear spring. So far it is treating me well. I don't want to know I am being lied to. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Crap. I guess I better not upgrade the rear spring. So far it is treating me well. I don't want to know I am being lied to. :rolleyes:
I bought the entire rear Ohlins shock. If you are just doing the spring on the OEM shock you will be ok. The Ohlins is so much better controlled damping wise than the OEM rear that it outshines the stock OEM fork by a mile.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's great, I think you'll be happy.

With the 7.5N/mm springs in the front, I'm at 5mm (5 turns) preload and sag is at 30% of travel so looking good with the spring rate.
Seems like you are happy with the spring rate you chose. Can I ask what your weight is? I'm 6'2" and around 230. Think my usual riding gear weighs in at around 25 lbs with my Klim gear and Sidi Crossfires.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like you are happy with the spring rate you chose. Can I ask what your weight is? I'm 6'2" and around 230. Think my usual riding gear weighs in at around 25 lbs with my Klim gear and Sidi Crossfires.
I'm 6'1" and was around 250 when I installed the shock and then the cartridges, I'm now around 220 and still feels great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Nomadic_adv, post: 327486, član: 38053"]
Konačno sam ugradio Ohlins FKA 111 s oprugama od 7,5 N/mm u vilicu ATAS zajedno sa SKF brtvama, K-Tech čahurama i Ohlins 01309-01 uljem za vilice R&T.

Ugradnja je vrlo jednostavna, postavlja nivo ulja na specificiranih 90 mm (bez opruga i cijevi za prednaprezanje), iskrvarite i sve zakopčajte.

[ATTACH = full] 55108 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55109 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55110 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55111 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55112 [/ATTACH]

Ulje i čahure izgledali su dobro što se i očekivalo s obzirom na malu kilometražu. Ulje desne vilice bilo je malo prljavije, vjerojatno od ostataka hrđe na opružnoj cijevi.

[ATTACH = full] 55113 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55114 [/ATTACH]

Prigušenje kompresije u lijevom ulošku, odskok u desno.

[ATTACH = full] 55115 [/ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 55116 [/ATTACH]

Još uvijek nisam jahao, dovršio sam neki drugi posao, ali jedva čekam isprobati.
[/CITAT]
[QUOTE = "Nomadic_adv, post: 327486, član: 38053"]
Konačno sam ugradio Ohlins FKA 111 patrone s oprugama od 7,5 N/mm u vilicu ATAS zajedno sa SKF brtvama, K-Tech čahurama i Ohlins 01309-01 uljem za vilice R&T.

Ugradnja je bila vrlo jednostavna, postavite razinu ulja na specificiranih 90 mm (bez opruge i cijevi za prednaprezanje), iskrvarite i sve zakopčajte.

View attachment 55108

View attachment 55109

View attachment 55110

View attachment 55111

View attachment 55112

Ulje i čahure izgledali su dobro što se i očekivalo s obzirom na malu kilometražu. Ulje desne vilice bilo je malo prljavije, vjerojatno od ostataka hrđe na opružnoj cijevi.

View attachment 55113

View attachment 55114

Prigušenje kompresije u lijevom ulošku, odskok u desnom.

View attachment 55115

View attachment 55116

Još uvijek nisam jahao, dovršio sam neki drugi posao, ali jedva čekam isprobati.
[/CITAT]
Hy .. Također želim kupiti öhlins fka 111 i öhlins ho 648 ... Pitam se koje ste dijelove još više koristili ... Vidim neke gume i još neke dijelove na vašem stolu ..
Također me zanima koliko ste öhlins ulja potrošili ..
Hvala vam puno na odgovoru ...
Best regards Sinisa

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, Sinisa. Croatian, like Luka Modric? :D

Here's what I got - "I also want to buy ohlins. I wonder which parts they used even more. I see some tires and some more parts on your desk. I’m also interested in how much ohlins oil you’ve consumed."

With the Ohlins FKA 111 fork cartridge kit + 7.5N springs for my 2018 ATAS, I used the following:

• SKF KITG-45S Fork / Dust Seals (x2)
  • K-Tech GBS-025 Fork Guide Bushings
  • K-Tech SBS-026 Fork Slide Bushings
  • K-Tech 25K-028C 45mm Fork Travel Indicator
  • Ohlins 01309-01 R&T Fork Oil (x2 liters - I used just over 1 liter to 1.5 liters)

Service tools used:

• 45mm Fork Seal Driver
  • Motion Pro Fork Cap Tool 46mm / 50mm (50mm for Ohlins fork cap)
  • Inverted Fork Service Tool Kit (4-in-1 bleed tool, spring compressor, oil level gauge, hex extensions) Fork Service Tool Kit, Inverted Forks - Traxxion Dynamics
  • Race Tech Ultra-Slick Seal Grease
  • Standard hand tools + cordless impact to remove bottom fork cartridge bolt
  • Electrical tape

Ohlins USA now has a setup tool to input rider weight to tell you which springs rate is best: https://www.ohlinsusa.com/parts/2018-2019-honda-crf-1000l-africa-twin-adventure-sports-adventure-cartridge-kit-fka-111

I installed Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires, my next tires will be Motoz Tractionator Adventure soon.

Hope that helps (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Nomadic_adv, post: 365002, član: 38053"]
Zdravo, Siniša. Hrvatica, poput Luke Modrića?: D

Evo što sam dobio - " I ja želim kupiti ohline. Pitam se koje su dijelove još više koristili. Vidim neke gume i još neke dijelove na vašem stolu. Također me zanima koliko ste ohlinskih ulja potrošili."

S kompletom uložaka s vilicom Ohlins FKA 111 + oprugama od 7,5N za moj ATAS 2018, koristio sam sljedeće:

• SKF KITG-45S Brtve za vilice / prašinu (x2)
  • K-Tech GBS-025 Vodilice vilice
  • K-Tech SBS-026 Klizne čahure za vilice
  • K-Tech 25K-028C Pokazivač hoda vilice od 45 mm
  • Ohlins 01309-01 ulje za vilice R&T (x2 litre - koristio sam nešto više od 1 litre do 1,5 litre)

Korišteni servisni alati:

• 45 mm pogon brtve vilice
  • Motion Pro alat za zatvaranje vilica 46 mm / 50 mm (50 mm za Ohlins poklopac vilice)
  • Komplet servisnih alata za obrnute vilice (alat za odzračivanje 4-u-1, kompresor opruge, mjerač razine ulja, šesterokutni nastavci) Komplet servisnih alata za vilice, obrnute vilice-Traxxion Dynamics
  • Standardni ručni alati + bežični udar za uklanjanje donjeg vijka patrone vilice
  • Električna traka

Ohlins USA sada ima alat za postavljanje koji unosi težinu vozača kako bi vam rekao koja je opruga najbolja: https://www.ohlinsusa.com/parts/2018-2019-honda-crf-1000l-africa-twin-adventure-sports- avantura-patrona-kit-fka-111

Instalirao sam gume Dunlop Trailmax Mission, moje sljedeće gume će uskoro biti Motoz Tractionator Adventure.

Nadam se da pomaže (y)
[/CITAT]
Hy...
[QUOTE = "Nomadic_adv, post: 365002, član: 38053"]
Zdravo, Siniša. Hrvatica, poput Luke Modrića?: D

Evo što sam dobio - " I ja želim kupiti ohline. Pitam se koje su dijelove još više koristili. Vidim neke gume i još neke dijelove na vašem stolu. Također me zanima koliko ste ohlinskih ulja potrošili."

S kompletom uložaka s vilicom Ohlins FKA 111 + oprugama od 7,5N za moj ATAS 2018, koristio sam sljedeće:

• SKF KITG-45S Brtve za vilice / prašinu (x2)
  • K-Tech GBS-025 Vodilice vilice
  • K-Tech SBS-026 Klizne čahure za vilice
  • K-Tech 25K-028C Pokazivač hoda vilice od 45 mm
  • Ohlins 01309-01 ulje za vilice R&T (x2 litre - koristio sam nešto više od 1 litre do 1,5 litre)

Korišteni servisni alati:

• 45 mm pogon brtve vilice
  • Motion Pro alat za zatvaranje vilica 46 mm / 50 mm (50 mm za Ohlins poklopac vilice)
  • Komplet servisnih alata za obrnute vilice (alat za odzračivanje 4-u-1, kompresor opruge, mjerač razine ulja, šesterokutni nastavci) Komplet servisnih alata za vilice, obrnute vilice-Traxxion Dynamics
  • Standardni ručni alati + bežični udar za uklanjanje donjeg vijka patrone vilice
  • Električna traka

Ohlins USA sada ima alat za postavljanje koji unosi težinu vozača kako bi vam rekao koja je opruga najbolja: https://www.ohlinsusa.com/parts/2018-2019-honda-crf-1000l-africa-twin-adventure-sports- avantura-patrona-kit-fka-111

Instalirao sam gume Dunlop Trailmax Mission, moje sljedeće gume će uskoro biti Motoz Tractionator Adventure.

Nadam se da pomaže (y)
[/CITAT]
Hy .. Da, ja sam iz Hrvatske kao Luka Modrić..
Hvala vam puno na odgovoru ...
Sad mi je puno lakše ...

Ne moram pretraživati internet... Best regards Sinisa..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts