Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all

Has any one successfully fitted a throttle lock / cruise control to the 2018 at with the fly by ?
if so what brand / style ?

i do mind numbing kms on straight hwy and sometimes there is an itch that i cant reach with the left hand.

i have concerns re the lock messing with the spring in the throttle ..

**side note has any one tightened the slop in said throttle?

cheers

shiny side up
e

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Ewen,

Powercellperformance.com is coming out with one, hopefully soon. There were pics on FB groups when SEMA was happening.

Cheers!
this was at SEMA 2018
$479 ain't bad. Sure that Honda will charge more than that. Bonus that it is made in the U.S. and carries a 3-year warranty. I'm game!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put the KAOKO on my AT (2017) as soon as I bought it.
I use it whenever I have to do more than 30 sec of cruising at the same speed in low traffic. I love this thing because I can fine tune how tight it holds the throttle which I find also helps off road to reduce throttle jerk when riding technical stuff.

I have to say that it was a device that took quite some getting used to.

I developed this action where I slide/drag the outer edge of my right palm over it to lock it. Then when I want to unlock it I grab it with the throttle and decelerate.

The only gripe I would have (if one could call it that) is the fine tuning of the speed to hold the speed limit. Ever so light movements of the throttle change the torque and affect the speed and ever so slight changes in grade of the road do the same.

Definitely not the smoothness of an electronic system, but it has a simple elegance to its function I like. Pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the KAOKO on my AT (2017) as soon as I bought it.
I use it whenever I have to do more than 30 sec of cruising at the same speed in low traffic. I love this thing because I can fine tune how tight it holds the throttle which I find also helps off road to reduce throttle jerk when riding technical stuff.

I have to say that it was a device that took quite some getting used to.

I developed this action where I slide/drag the outer edge of my right palm over it to lock it. Then when I want to unlock it I grab it with the throttle and decelerate.

The only gripe I would have (if one could call it that) is the fine tuning of the speed to hold the speed limit. Ever so light movements of the throttle change the torque and affect the speed and ever so slight changes in grade of the road do the same.

Definitely not the smoothness of an electronic system, but it has a simple elegance to its function I like. Pretty cheap too.

Can you see an issue with these for the '18 mdl with the throttle by wire (electronic)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers kirky that is the best option so far .. ( wallet doesn't allow for the electronic ) the other one suggested i wouldn't be able to operate as im missing half my right hand ... the one you have suggested i think i will be able to use and the price point means that if it doesn't work for me im not out of pocket a hole heap...

cheers

e

·
Registered
31 Posts
cheers kirky that is the best option so far .. ( wallet doesn't allow for the electronic ) the other one suggested i wouldn't be able to operate as im missing half my right hand ... the one you have suggested i think i will be able to use and the price point means that if it doesn't work for me im not out of pocket a hole heap...

cheers

e
Ewen, hang fire for now, the one in the eBay link is different from mine, I had one of those ones and it snapped on a Euro trip. I'll try and get back to you with a name and Linky for the exact one I have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok, this is the eBay item number of the one that I have, it's more expensive at £19.99 but it's far superior quality.
Sorry, I can't get the link to work
Just cut and paste this number into eBay search. 121133202046

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, this is the eBay item number of the one that I have, it's more expensive at £19.99 but it's far superior quality.
Sorry, I can't get the link to work
Just cut and paste this number into eBay search. 121133202046

I notice that link in ebay says :-

WRIST REST 22MM 7/8INCH BARS

Is that not too small ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I notice that link in ebay says :-

WRIST REST 22MM 7/8INCH BARS

Is that not too small ?
Well spotted , Think they do 2 sizes mate, check their other listings. Or other vendors, if you look at the picture it's the one with the 3 round holes you want. The other ones are cheaper and prone to breaking

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive used both types many times the kaoko one is much better and it doesn't dig into the grip i had on z1000sx both types and its the kaoko one i use again on atas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts