Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit the 2018 USA led turn signals to a 2017 that came with non led turn signals yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since no one commented on this thread I just ordered two sets of led blinkers off of aliexpress which appear to have the same mounting setup as the current ones and look exactly like the stock led ones $38 a pair. I will advise how they are once i receive them and install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought LED blinkers from Amazon and fitted them. They look good but flash quite rapidly and I didn't want to add load resisters because of heat generated and space concerns for the front ones. I had heard of Custom Dynamics Signal Stabilizer and bought one, fitted it carefully (though it was quite a simple installation) and found that it would not word as described. It may be because of the running light circuit or the voltage going into the LED's. I was disappointed so I guess I'll have to live with the hyper flash as I also don't want to take half the bike apart to get to the original flasher unit so I could replace it.
Vic Olosn

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought both LED blinkers (Amazon & Aliexpress) and I'm not sure how you're wiring them but I have not experienced any "fast" blinking. They blink the same rate as the OEMs. And no resistors required.

I have a 2017 AT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2017 as well. I had to reverse the wires on the led turn signals compared to the OEM ones to even make them work. They blink a bit faster but I’ll deal with it for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts