Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new 2019 DCT Honda Africa Twin from the dealership. The bike had 11 miles on it when I picked it up. When I picked this bike up it was raining extremely hard so I asked the dealer to load the bike on my pickup. I did not want to test ride the bike because of the rain and did not want to wreck my new bike. Upon arriving home 8hrs later and unloading the bike. I notice the Check Engine light remains on, ABS Light remains on, and Bike stuck in 1st gear. Bike will not change gears manually or automatically. Was I sold a bike with issues / lemon? Has this been a known issue with the Honda DCT Africa Twins? HELP?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,993 Posts
Those lights will stay on until The bike go forward a few feet. So it won't start? And stuck in first. usually when you power up the bike the DCT will search and go to N. Sometimes it gets "lost", especially if the bike was moving then shut off. But, normally there should not be a problem for the DCT to go from 1st to N or 2nd to N so I would say you have some kinda issue. This is not normal...
Or are you talking about when you ride? and it won't shift...

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts