Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my first Africa Twin a few weeks ago! After much internal struggle I decided to go with the blue multi-color. Too many black bikes on the road in my opinion.

Here are some pics on my first few trips. So far it's been an awesome bike!

As you can tell in the photos, the bike has no add-on parts other than the Honda top box. Any recommendations for aftermarket parts are welcome.

I pick it up from the dealer tomorrow after it's first 600-mile service. I'm excited to get back out on the road.

The Volkswagen bus in one of the pics is my dad's, 1968, first year of the bay window style.

If there are any So-Cal Twin owners reading this, hit me up!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Agree.. Nice pics looks like a fun trip, keep the pics coming.. I got snow flying around outside right now, so I’m down till the roads dry out..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked up my first Africa Twin a few weeks ago! After much internal struggle I decided to go with the blue multi-color. Too many black bikes on the road in my opinion.

Here are some pics on my first few trips. So far it's been an awesome bike!

As you can tell in the photos, the bike has no add-on parts other than the Honda top box. Any recommendations for aftermarket parts are welcome.

I pick it up from the dealer tomorrow after it's first 600-mile service. I'm excited to get back out on the road.

The Volkswagen bus in one of the pics is my dad's, 1968, first year of the bay window style.

If there are any So-Cal Twin owners reading this, hit me up!
I have also bought that color, I like it a lot.

Regarding extras, I went with the quickshift, and recently bought the SW motech crash bars.

Also upgraded the Honda top box for a Givi Trekker 52L.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have also bought that color, I like it a lot.

Regarding extras, I went with the quickshift, and recently bought the SW motech crash bars.

Also upgraded the Honda top box for a Givi Trekker 52L.
Crash bars are the first things on my to-get list. I am torn between the SW Motech and Alt Rider bars. Both look good.

Any cons to the SW setup you have? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Crash bars are the first things on my to-get list. I am torn between the SW Motech and Alt Rider bars. Both look good.

Any cons to the SW setup you have? Thanks!
Great looking bike and nice environment to get to ride it. I went with Outback Motortek crash bars and BarkBusters. Seems like a very solid set up as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts