Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
recently noticed there is a small round hole in the downside of the exhaust.

Is this normal?

engine gases escape trough there, I noticed because the swingarm was dirty from it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Apologies, I was wrong on the weep hole. I should have had another look at my 2018 ATAS muffler, I just had the exhaust off to install Hepco & Becker lower crashbars. Turns out it does not have a weep hole, I do have some discoloration on the swingarm in that area I thought was from that.

I checked and part numbers for muffler are the same for 18/19. It's possible someone drilled that hole, would be ease enough to plug I suppose but may want to check with dealer and verify.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
2019 Canadian AT here and no hole, so it's either a country thing or a batch thing. I also noticed the muffler I removed after about 1000km had started rusting in my garage kept at 45% humidity. Some Autosol, ACF50 and 30 minutes later its back in the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am genuinely confused as to why some exhausts have the hole and others don´t.
I have checked the ads of every oem exhaust in ebay, and it´s true, some have it, some don´t.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Could be a change in production at some point, or hole was added for some technical reason to meet certain regulations in some countries...I've never seen a drain hole in that area on a muffler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts