Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

2020 Africa Twin Problems???

22K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  SHUMBA 
#1 ·
Looking to see what kinds of problems folks are having with the new AT. I've read a little bit about the fuel tank problem although I'm not up to speed on what is happening. But, I'm wondering whether folks are experiencing any other issues that I should be aware of???

Planning to purchase either a 2020 or 2021 in the Spring.

Thanks.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
It's like taking a snorring wife. You knew it but still... :) sooner or later it grows to an elephant or not :)

There are no ideal electrical device, but some quirks are just... pointless and annoying. But without this warning, maybe I would be annoyed by slow bootup, carplay disconnect or week suspension or wind protection or anything else, so maybe it's a good feature :-D
Interestingly, my wife stopped snoring a bit after retiring. Less Sress, more rest.

But, as far as boot time goes, you need to think back to Win 3.1 and how long that took. And, at least for the first start you want to give the bike a minute or 2 to warm up. Having said all that, I don’t have an AT yet.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Does boot time ever get any better? The computers get faster processors, more memory and larger hard drives. They also get operating systems which require more and more memory and storage. Then add all the programs that are added to the start up. Sometimes it still seems like forever and a day before the computer can do anything useful. Same thing for many other electronic devices.
Biggest change for me was to go to SSID. At a minimum, for the O/S / Startup. I find startup to be a lot faster now (Win 10 & Win 8 systems).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.