Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to have a feel for how many of you are experiencing the random DCT stalling issue at low RPM situations?
Is this an extensive issue or only a small handful of the bikes are experiencing this for the Model Year 2021?

Please sound off.

Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just wanted to have a feel for how many of you are experiencing the random DCT stalling issue at low RPM situations?
Is this an extensive issue or only a small handful of the bikes are experiencing this for the Model Year 2021?

Please sound off.

Thanks.
My 2020 has 10,000 miles and has done it once when leaving a stop sign.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Once in 1500 miles on 17 DCT. I reset the DCT and it is now very very smooth. I'm starting to wonder if a lot of rear brake usage for slow riding (as I did) messes up the training of the DCT. Some factor of brake, throttle, speed. Then when you pull off at a junction with low revs and no rear brake it stalls. Reset it and it starts learning again. Any thoughts out there? Its certainly smooth now its reset and I'm resisting the urge to use the brake habitually and use only when needed. Will see how it fares

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once in 1500 miles on 17 DCT. I reset the DCT and it is now very very smooth. I'm starting to wonder if a lot of rear brake usage for slow riding (as I did) messes up the training of the DCT. Some factor of brake, throttle, speed. Then when you pull off at a junction with low revs and no rear brake it stalls. Reset it and it starts learning again. Any thoughts out there? Its certainly smooth now its reset and I'm resisting the urge to use the brake habitually and use only when needed. Will see how it fares
Hmmm ... but we are supposed to feather the rear brakes with DCT at low speeds.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
3500 miles on my 2021 and just had my first stall this weekend pulling from a red light and she fell on her face. I have a 2019 Gold Wing DCT and had her sneeze once on a low speed turn and softly let her down.
I hear you ... sorry to about the drop. Hope it wasn't too much damages.

·
Premium Member
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
390 Posts
0 times in 7800km on my 2020 DCT ATAS.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts