Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 ATAS DCT ABS ISSUES !!! I picked up the bike two weeks ago and took it offroad and dropped it at less then 10mph in Deep sand. ABS, Tractions Control and check engine lights came on. Bike Starts up fine and works fine, but after 20 seconds it wont change gears anymore. Gets stuck in the gear its in. So I had to limp home and trouble shoot. (dealer service is backed up at least 8 weeks) Checked the codes and got a 2-1 and a 4-1.
I removed the front wheel ABS Speed sensor and it looked fine and the gap seemed within tollerence. So I reset the codes and tried again. Same issue but now only the 2-1 code "Front wheel speed sensor"
Does anyone have any experience with this "2-1 "issue?
any info or opinions will be greatly appreciated before I tear into the bike to remove the sensor for testing as it involves removing the tank and the sensor is over $300
(side note of frustration is that, if in fact I damaged the ABS sensor at a low speed soft sand laydown, Honda should have engineered the sensor to be mounted behind the fork rather then in front of the fork

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info and heads up.
I own a 2021 Harley Pan America S (fully optioned) and did my first service yesterday 10-05-2021.
After the service and an issue resolved with a service bulletin, plus the re-flash of BMC, the bike is GREAT and a MONSTER, but I have lost confidence as I had WAY to many electronic issues so far, even though it looks like it is past and bike is fine now.
I was offered a 2021 BRAND NEW arriving next week Africa Twin ES Adventure DCT on a trade plus a 400 Dollars check out of the door, licensed and paid.
I do a lot of LONG LONG rides and I am afraid to hear ISSUES with DCT and/or Africa Twin in general, in special after reading your post.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the info and heads up.
I own a 2021 Harley Pan America S (fully optioned) and did my first service yesterday 10-05-2021.
After the service and an issue resolved with a service bulletin, plus the re-flash of BMC, the bike is GREAT and a MONSTER, but I have lost confidence as I had WAY to many electronic issues so far, even though it looks like it is past and bike is fine now.
I was offered a 2021 BRAND NEW arriving next week Africa Twin ES Adventure DCT on a trade plus a 400 Dollars check out of the door, licensed and paid.
I do a lot of LONG LONG rides and I am afraid to hear ISSUES with DCT and/or Africa Twin in general, in special after reading your post.
Thanks a lot.
I put 30k on a 2018 AT DCT and had only one small issue which was my fault.
Pulling into the gas station I turned the ignition off in gear and coasted to the pump maybe 10' but it was enough to trip something which wouldn't allow the bike to go into gear. After about 5 minutes it resolved itself and never did it again.
I suspect a battery disconnect would have solved the problem as well.
I now have a 2020 AT DCT and so far haven't had any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts