Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
There are NO new Honda cars at my local dealership.

It is weird, almost a scary scene given that in any other year, there was always an excess of unsold Hondas.

Makes me wonder how the motorcycle manufacturing is affected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't prove the veracity but a well-known member on the ADVrider.com forums said that it is anticipated there will be a long wait for bikes on any deposits made at dealerships.

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
566 Posts
I know a few guys that were shipped their 2022 Honda CRFs(not L) about 2-6 months earlier then they had been originally told. My guess is that Honda retooled the production to bikes with less electronics. Anything relying on the chips are going to see a long delay.

I deal with an AV supplier who informed me that they are getting less than a quarter(22000/month) of the chips they normally(110000/month) would have before the shortage. And of that 22000 they are getting, almost half or them are faulty or fail Quality Control. 😬

Maybe don't take the sweet deal on a trade in just yet!!!🤣 I don't think I would want a bike or a truck for that matter, built over the last 6 month or so. Time will tell if the manufacturers have been quality control testing or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just looking at the Canadian site for 2022 models, doesn't show a DCT version for the standard model, DCT and standard both showing for the Adventure Sport version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.