Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
322 Posts
If the DCT refinements of the 2022 models are only software dependent I think it would be unjustifiable not to offer it to the 2020-1 models, as it corrects a serious safety issue.
We need to know if the 3.3 firmware can be installed on the previous generation, over 3.1

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
If the DCT refinements of the 2022 models are only software dependent I think it would be unjustifiable not to offer it to the 2020-1 models, as it corrects a serious safety issue.
We need to know if the 3.3 firmware can be installed on the previous generation, over 3.1

Can you look and see what your hardware ID is?

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
If Honda did their firmware update process correctly, one could try to upgrade their firmware on a 2020/2021 to the latest available for 2022 models. If there is a hardware incompatibility, Honda should throw an error and stop the update leaving the firmware as it was.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Firmware 3.3 and DCT , brave enough to try .... Than our hero will discover the 3.3 is simply the MID software and had nothing to do with the DCT :LOL: .

Reactions: ExKTM1050

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Firmware 3.3 and DCT , brave enough to try .... Than our hero will discover the 3.3 is simply the MID software and had nothing to do with the DCT :LOL: .
You seem to have inside info on these bikes, maybe you work for Honda or a dealer?
Do you know if the changes were simply software or were there hardware changes?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mainly software

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you have the "files" , quite hard to crack hondas ECUs ( cause they are different files ECM and TCM and may for the BCU ) and after you will obtain the files need to rewrite them ; to make it short if honda do not gave the opportunity will be very diffcult to impossible to perform.

·
Registered
597 Posts
...............FI .........................DCT......................BCU
2022 38770-MLG-E71 38780-MLG-E71 38950-MKS-E02
2021 38770-MKS-E52 38780-MKS-E51 38950-MKS-E01

·
Registered
597 Posts
Spare parts number from 2021 and 2022 (standard dct ) as you see they are different , cause different software (if i remember well the BCU will be not the problem )

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
409 Posts
The Honda R&D confirm that it is only software also for manual transmission.Dealers can ask for this software to update the 2020 model.
[email protected] message:
When changing from MKSA (2020 model) to MLGA (2022 model), the updates were software based and not hardware based.
By modifying the TBW opening characteristics and FI setting, the ease of handling in low gears has been enhanced.
This also enhanced the controllability of the DCT.
And for your information, the same goes for MT, too.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
The Honda R&D confirm that it is only software also for manual transmission.Dealers can ask for this software to update the 2020 model.
[email protected] message:
When changing from MKSA (2020 model) to MLGA (2022 model), the updates were software based and not hardware based.
By modifying the TBW opening characteristics and FI setting, the ease of handling in low gears has been enhanced.
This also enhanced the controllability of the DCT.
And for your information, the same goes for MT, too.

Where did you get the information from? Would be good if I can get as much info as I can so I can ask my dealer to get the update.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Good stuff, so as software based is there any reason why the 2020 units cannot accept the 2022 updates
Not according to this.

But would love to know if it is from an official source or ...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Software will be provide under .RWG files

41 - 60 of 84 Posts