Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gang,

What are you guys using for maintaining the new Lithium Batteries that Honda has put in the new bikes. Looking for my future 2022 or 2023 AT Sports...hopefully I can get a Black Friday deal....Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
LiFePO4 batteries typically don't required maintenance. However, I may top it up one or two times a year. Even then it didn't charge for very long. Use a charger designed to support such a battery.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My AT is a '17 so it has the lead acid battery, but for my other bike with lithium batteries I use Optimate as well, only the Optimate Lithium TM470 (4s 0.8A). Those bikes are plugged in constantly and the batteries are several years old now and still function flawlessly.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hello Gang,

What are you guys using for maintaining the new Lithium Batteries that Honda has put in the new bikes. Looking for my future 2022 or 2023 AT Sports...hopefully I can get a Black Friday deal....Thanks!
I use the NOCO Genius G3500. It has modes for 6/12-volt lead-acid and AGM in addition to Lithium. There is a repair mode but that is not to be used on Lithium batteries. I will check the battery voltage mid-winter storage and in spring while preparing the bike for the coming season. The battery voltage doesn't drop much and the charger brings the battery to full charge in a short time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts