Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Adventure Sport ES Manual
165 Posts
I had an Optimate Lithium 0.8 and it showed error codes because I have a tracker and an alarm fitted to the bike. I bought an Oxford 3X (£54) which is far superior to the Optimate as it displays both battery voltage and charge rate.

It gives a quick 30 minutes charge to the battery every 5 days or so, if you don't have an alarm and tracker it would be considerably less often than that.

·
Registered
CRF1000 AS 2019 Tricolour
69 Posts
I have the Optimate 470, which is not a great device I understand, because it doesn’t display volts and amps ;) Lights up yellow when it’s charging, green when it’s in standby and red when it detects a fault.
It should even reset the BMS when that’s needed, only when the battery is in protection mode I guess.

Serves me well though. Tracker installed, never gives me trouble.
In summertime I don’t need it. In December I connect it and leave it connected until March. No need to disconnect it. It’s a pretty smart device that doesn’t keep on charging once the battery is charged.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The Noco comes with a quick access lead which has crocodile clips on the ends. You just take them off to reveal the battery terminal connectors. Here's a picture of where I mount my connector but it's obviously up to the rider's preference. Don't want to teach my granny how to suck eggs but at least it's out of the weather and dirt up there.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts