Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shocked no one has posted yet:

Summary:
  • New color and logo options
  • Slightly shorter windscreen on the ATAS

I think that's it. I'm happy to see an option for the Honda racing colors on the ATAS again in 2022. The new logo is cool (IMO).

·
Registered
70 Posts
"now features refined Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) settings for even smoother handling in 1st and second gears"

This part interests me if it regards to down shifts.

Wonder if the updated 'settings' could be applied to the '20 and '21 models?

·
Registered
19 Posts
"now features refined Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) settings for even smoother handling in 1st and second gears"

Would love to see that as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shocked no one has posted yet:

Summary:
  • New color and logo options
  • Slightly shorter windscreen on the ATAS

I think that's it. I'm happy to see an option for the Honda racing colors on the ATAS again in 2022. The new logo is cool (IMO).
Not only is there a shorter windscreen on the ATAS, it also has 5 adjustment levels so you can raise it up for longer rides.

I’ll be buying a 2022 ATAS as soon as I can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I passed on a 2020 1100 last year & picked up an NOS unregistered 1000 on a 20 plate. The cornering lights on the ATAS 1100 are hideous (in my opinion) & too much tech now. I’m 55 with 30 years + motorbiking under my belt so not that old but feel all these so called rider improvements (with the exception of ABS) take away from the simple joy of riding a motorbike. I don’t see anything in the latest carnation that would tempt me to change bikes at the moment. If anything just tempted to stick with what I have indefinitely now

yes - ok - I’ll just jump back in my time machine 🤣🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see Honda announced the new 2022 lineup for the 1100s. Has there been any buzz on the 850 for next year?

I’m just getting back in to motorcycles and was set on the Tenere 700 until I saw a rumor about the 850.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
211 Posts
"now features refined Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) settings for even smoother handling in 1st and second gear
Wonder if the updated 'settings' could be applied to the '20 and '21 models?...
So they heard the biggest issue that came with the 2020 updates; the jerky throttle at stops and low speed...
Just hope that came as refined dct programming settings that may be applied to the 2020 and 2021 models by a firmware update, it's a safety issue not just a luxury refinement

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

almost definitely it could, and almost definitely it won;t be. Why would they jeopardise sales of new bikes .... a poster above suggests the jerkiness is a safety issue, but until Honda or some authority say it is, then it isn't.
Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts

Brought my 2021 ATAS in for a tire swap yesterday and mentioned in the past 1000 miles I’d had yet another (but only 1) stall at low speed, tech informed me that Honda want him now to ‘reset’ the dct firmware he’d just gotten instructions on how to do it very recently, whereas in the past with that issue it was just resetting the ECU … Hmmmm…

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brought my 2021 ATAS in for a tire swap yesterday and mentioned in the past 1000 miles I’d had yet another (but only 1) stall at low speed, tech informed me that Honda want him now to ‘reset’ the dct firmware he’d just gotten instructions on how to do it very recently, whereas in the past with that issue it was just resetting the ECU … Hmmmm…
That's great news! If you can, ask him for the date-of-release / version of the latest DCT firmware update he has!

·
Registered
12 Posts
tech informed me that Honda want him now to ‘reset’ the dct firmware he’d just gotten instructions on how to do it very recently, whereas in the past with that issue it was just resetting the ECU … Hmmmm…
While I don't have an AT yet, I'm seriously looking to buy one. But I do have a 2018 GW Tour DCT and have done the DCT reinitialization a few times. Twice the first year and usually once a year now. First time I noticed a pretty good change in the DCT shifting. Now not so much each time since but it does make a difference. I'm wondering why Honda didn't give the DCT reinitialization procedure to the AT? Or maybe they did? Any of you AT owners want to try the procedure and report back? It only takes about 2 minutes for the bike to run through the adjustments. If you do, the bike must be warmed up to operating temperature before you start. And make sure the rear bike tire does not move at all.

If you listen (a little hard to heard with Fred talking) but you can hear the bike going through the adjustments in the transmission. Also watch the tach needle flexing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's great news! If you can, ask him for the date-of-release / version of the latest DCT firmware update he has!
Well you know Honda always gets weird about disclosing that. He got vague on it when I pressed him on it and he wasn’t able to download the update from Honda on his shop computer and I wanted to ride so I have to come back once he’s got it. He said it was a ‘reset’ though not a new firmware just like he did to my ECU - but I saw him do the ECU and it required connecting to his pc and Honda’s software and some kind of transfer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
SBI (somebadideas) someone (you LOL) should try the reinitialization sequence on their AT. If it doesn't work, all you did was push a few buttons and nothing happened. But if it DOES work, you the man and the board here will love you!!! Maybe even send you cash for Christmas this year.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
SBI (somebadideas) someone (you LOL) should try the reinitialization sequence on their AT. If it doesn't work, all you did was push a few buttons and nothing happened. But if it DOES work, you the man and the board here will love you!!! Maybe even send you cash for Christmas this year.....
Well here’s the ridiculous position I’m in. The bike currently rides beautifully to me, no problems at slow speeds in urban traffic, shifting is always magic even engine braking while going down twisties. If the **** thing hadn’t stalled once in 1000 miles while taking off from a red light at about 2 mph of throttle input I wouldn’t want to touch a thing on the programming. Alas. Gotta think this through hahaha.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts