Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who thinks the "21 side stand is too short?

It only take slightly uneven ground with loaded top box for the bike to lean in further and get unstable. I also like getting on the bike by hopping on the left peg first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2020 twin (sports ES), I also believe the side stand should be longer. It dips to low when on the side stand in my opinion. I've been looking for a longer side stand (not just to enlarge it's foot print). Camel-adv.com has longer side stand but they only go up to the 2019 models. I contacted them and I was advised it will not fit my 2020.

Keep me posted if you find something that works, or I guess we're down to fabrication...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks the "21 side stand is too short?

It only take slightly uneven ground with loaded top box for the bike to lean in further and get unstable. I also like getting on the bike by hopping on the left peg first.
I know the center stand is different for the 18/19 standard and adventure models but am not sure for the side stands. Is there a difference between the side stands on the later standard and adventure sports models? With my 2019 ATAS occasionally the side stand is too long to be deployed when stopping on the right side shoulder of the road. Sometimes I wish the side stand was just slightly shorter than it is but that could be a problem when the side stand is on the downhill side of the bike. Just something to keep in mind before changing the stand.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is there a difference between the side stands on the later standard and adventure sports models?
Yes there is. The pre-2020 side stands were criticized for being too flimsy. While still perhaps on the short side, the 2020+ models have a stronger side stand that will not likely fold under load.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For my '17, I replaced the scary-flex-a-stand with a Soupy's adjustable. My eval of that is I cannot understand why they left the pad so SMALL, and the fact that their $$$$ add-on pad is ALSO SO SMALL. I made my own....

For my '21, had an old sidestand pad laying around used a black cutting board to add a bit of height, fab'd a holder. Painted it black since. Beauty...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts