Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cuchulainn and I took a jaunt from Denver to Kremmling CO via Berthoud pass, and it did not disappoint. Rode from temps from 95 to 50 and back to 90 with a deluge of rain and a flicker or two of lightning from Silverthorne to the Eisenhower tunnel to spice things up while I was wearing mesh gear.
Here I am sneaking up on Cuchulainn while he's taking a photo in Kremmling.

See ya out there,
Sara

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am really jealous of the riding area in your backyard. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
Planning on doing the COBDR in September of this year and will be riding my bike up there from Houston, TX.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
A milkshake with espresso? Oh man that sounds so good!
It is an awesome mid-ride pick me up :)

I am really jealous of the riding area in your backyard. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
Planning on doing the COBDR in September of this year and will be riding my bike up there from Houston, TX.
Lots of great routes to ride. Lots of passes and canyons and different options you can deviate from on each route.

Mostly nice weather on this one other than the 95F to a rainy 50F at 11,158'. It was a bit wet and chilly when wearing mesh :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great pictures. I am sure the part in the last two pictures it was quite "refreshing" considering your mesh gear. Nevertheless I am sure it was an awesome day.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Mesh is great in the rain, ... so long the water is of the summery kind and the road is clean (which is unlikely, especially through construction zones).
Not a fan of cold rain down the back of the neck or into the crotch...otherwise it's all good.

I passed one truck with a truck with a trailer that just absolutely soaked me like I was going through a car wash. Once you are that wet you just don't care anymore :)

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,075 Posts
Not a fan of cold rain down the back of the neck or into the crotch...otherwise it's all good.

I passed one truck with a truck with a trailer that just absolutely soaked me like I was going through a car wash. Once you are that wet you just don't care anymore :)
Totally understood.

Got caught with water down the crotch outside Burlington, VT and it was a humid peak summer day. Discomfort can settle in pretty fast.

My first "car wash" soaker was on an RD400. The road was flooded to about 12" so I thought, " ... I can do this." Once mid-way through a pick-up rushes by in the right lane and a torrent of cold, muddy water floods me and my lump. I thought for sure the bike was going to cough out. Amazingly - it didn't. I was totally soaked, but the Yamaha pushed on. The carbs had bolt-on air filters. Also, I have no idea how I was able to keep the bike upright. I recall the wave of water was heavy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Last summer we got caught in a deluge just south of Rocky Mountain National Park. Soaked crotch and everything else before we could find a safe place to pull over and put on rain gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts