Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going up from Oklahoma the 25th maybe sooner if my friend backs out totally.
he just messaged and may not be able go till October.
the plans was Trinidad to Manitou springs via phantom canyon, silver city,old stage road and back down shelf road then cross to salida bonanza and around that area.
then over to lake city Silverton / Durango and all the passes famous over there.
I have friends all over Colorado and a few nights floor or couch in manitou springs at least floor space till the 30th for free.
a few nights have to motel hotel or camp if need be:grin2: 7-10 days trip maybe 14 days.
Durango free room and board for sure whole time.
I am intermediate rider 45 years old.
I like a decent pace not slow at all unless 12 inch boulders.
I don't want to be held up by non experienced riders, no offense meant. my avg trail/pass speed about 20-25 mph or better up to 50 depending on conditions. rocks no rocks or mud I will slow down a bit depending on conditions . JUST RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT:grin2:.
highway I speed with radar detector always 5-10 over>:)>:).
been years no ticket knock on wood.
anytime from the 26th of this month I am game for riding partners just message me.
I have tons of routes mapped and maps/GPS.
have a nice evening and a safe ride.

Marc.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those passes are a lot more gnarly than they ever seem in photos and videos!

Take as little as you can and ride safe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those passes are a lot more gnarly than they ever seem in photos and videos!

Take as little as you can and ride safe.
I have been over a few on the 650klr so not even worried wit the AT :grin2:.
slow when need to be slow fast when there is plenty of road to haul butt.
thanks for the concern, have a great day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trip moved back to october 3rd . can someone tell me how to edit a post ?

I will be going up from Oklahoma the 25th maybe sooner if my friend backs out totally.
he just messaged and may not be able go till October.
the plans was Trinidad to Manitou springs via phantom canyon, silver city,old stage road and back down shelf road then cross to salida bonanza and around that area.
then over to lake city Silverton / Durango and all the passes famous over there.
I have friends all over Colorado and a few nights floor or couch in manitou springs at least floor space till the 30th for free.
a few nights have to motel hotel or camp if need be:grin2: 7-10 days trip maybe 14 days.
Durango free room and board for sure whole time.
I am intermediate rider 45 years old.
I like a decent pace not slow at all unless 12 inch boulders.
I don't want to be held up by non experienced riders, no offense meant. my avg trail/pass speed about 20-25 mph or better up to 50 depending on conditions. rocks no rocks or mud I will slow down a bit depending on conditions . JUST RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT:grin2:.
highway I speed with radar detector always 5-10 over>:)>:).
been years no ticket knock on wood.
anytime from the 26th of this month I am game for riding partners just message me.
I have tons of routes mapped and maps/GPS.
have a nice evening and a safe ride.

Marc.
well I want to edit my post. it says I can but do not know how been looking for 20 minutes and gave up.:frown2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts